Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect two computers

Sup,
    So I'm trying to somehow transfer 5GBs from my desktop to my laptop. How can I connect them to each other ? Via internet cable ? I am really clueless. Hope somebody here might help me. Thanks in advance !

http://compnetworking.about.com/od/h...ecttwocomp.htm. should have some of the info that you need. good luck.

-Chris

Comment

Burn them to DVD/put the stuff on a flash drive/etc?

Comment

Thanks Chris I'll have a look at the site.
        DVD is smaller than 5GB plus my burner is not working. Also my iPod is only 4GB so it won't work plus I don't feel like loosing all my music. And I don't have any other flash drives.

Comment

do you have an external hard drive? if you don't you should so you can back up your computer, etc. if you do transfer all that you want over to it and then import it onto your laptop.

-Chris

Comment

Thanks again for the link Chris. Sent and I'm surprised by how fast the transfer was lol.
            I'm thinking of buying an external hard drive. Are they like fast or slow like flash drives ?

Comment

it will take you a while to back up your entire hard drive but if your computer crashes and you loose all of your data you will be thankful you have an external hard drive. you can get them pretty much anywhere they sell electronics. i think we got ours at BJs Wholesale. it's kind of like WalMart and i'm sure you could find one online at a website like Amazon, eBay, etc. they run anywhere from $100 up and most have over 100GB of space.

-Chris

Comment

Haha BJ's Wholesale - funny name
                I've been thinking of getting one to backup my documents, pictures and music. For now I keep docs and stuff on drive D and music on E. So if anything messes up I jsut reinstall Windows on C and keep all my stuff on the other partitions. But external drive would be usufull !

Comment

I think Chasen is suing them for copyright infringement. Even though his was only a roadside business.

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                    . But external drive would be usufull !
                    I would class them as essential. I purchased a 500gb external, backed up 80% of all my pictures/documents/files etc. Two weeks later my motherboard burnt out, lost EVERYTHING on both internal hard drives. I was lucky only to lose a few bits and bobs.
                    I only paid 60 quid for a 500gb.

Comment

I guess I'm drivin to Best Buy tomorrow My account is about to go on a diet

Comment

My account is about to go on a diet
                        low fat
                        no fat
                        low calorie
                        low cholestoral
                        meat only
                        vegitarian
                        low carb
                        or a flexible diet?

just make sure that the hard drive you select will have enough memory to store all of your imortant photos, documents, music, etc.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                          low fat
                          no fat
                          low calorie
                          low cholestoral
                          meat only
                          vegitarian
                          low carb
                          or a flexible diet?

-Chris
                          My god I see a poll.....

Comment

Another problem a bit off topic but who cares.
                            So I tried installing Ultimate Terrain Europe which is an .exe file. I double clicked it and nothing happened. When I go to my task manager it shows that UTE takes about 4000kb memory usage which is in norm and the CPU usage is 99% :w00t: And nothing will happen for the next 15 minutes. I tried again and again and nothing happened. The file is not corrupted because I've installed UTE like a million times before. Does anybody know a solution to it ?
                            That's what I'm talking about:

PS. don't ask why Polish Windows...
                            Last edited by Guest; 2007-09-23, 16:41.

Comment

PS. don't ask why Polish Windows...
                              OK...what's with the Polish windows?
                              i haven't a clue as how to fix your problem but i'm sure someone will.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X