No announcement yet.

Credit Card Experience...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will throw in a second vote for the UA Milage Plus card I have booked several free flights with the milage earned with the card.
    Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
    http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
      I scored a free roundtrip, first class UA ticket LAS-LAX-SYD-LAX-LAS in peak season (January) for 90,000 miles, every one of which I got by using the UA Mileage Plus VISA, which has a $65/annual fee, for about 2 years. I used that card for everything I could with that specific trip in mind, including server bills, mortgage, car payments, cable bills... anywhere they accepted plastic went on the card. I always pay my bill in full, so they didn't make a penny of interest.

The ticket at the time of booking priced out to roughly $16,800.00, so I'd say my combined $130 in annual fees were well spent.

Since I got the UA ticket about 2 years ago, I've been using the DL Platinum AMEX, which has loads of great double/triple miles promotions, and combined with my regular flying on Delta, I have about 450,000 Skymiles to blow -- enough for 3 free first-class roundtrips to Asia on Singapore Airlines, plus a coach skysaver on DL anywhere in the lower 48 to boot. That's another $35,000 or so worth of flights, so I think I'm still ahead.

I started with my United Mileage Plus College edition Visa for now and racked up miles for purchases(it's 1 mile for ever $2 in purchases but I don't care), aviation related or not. What I like is that I can use it at several restaurants all over Chicago and the surrounding suburbs/towns as well and on several websites United Mileage Plus has on their website. I like it since I can buy all my NHL merchandise and anything else too from there and earn double miles for that. I plan to get some for flying on star alliance carriers like Air Canada and US Airways since I flew with them allready in the summer. Why would I want to do this? I want to get some miles to fly someplace good like Chris did when he went to SYD or SXM, or some other cool place to spot planes.

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be
        .....The card would be for emergencies when my debit card doesnt work.
        clasic Alec..........and given the regularity of debit cards "not working", finance institutions may pay you royalties for that slogan
        My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Like Cam I have one CC and my wife has one CC. You sure don't need any more than that!

Comment

you're right you don't need more than one. my great uncle is 80 something and has never had a credit card in his life, and he's doing better than ever. he lives in NY if anyone is wondering.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
              clasic Alec..........and given the regularity of debit cards "not working", finance institutions may pay you royalties for that slogan
              True. Or maybe I have to purchase something that costs more money than I have in my bank account. I would also use it to try and build a little credit.
              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                Like Cam I have one CC and my wife has one CC. You sure don't need any more than that!
                I actually have 1 each of Visa, Mastercard, and American Express, for those places that only accept one specific type of card. Besides, this you should be good to go with 1 good CC.

Comment

Working...
                X