Guinness world records 2008 screw up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinness world records 2008 screw up

i was at my local library today and waiting for my turn on a computer i decided to look at the GWR book, i came across this engine thrust record, the pic speaks for itself, sorry for the blurry pic, only had my phone, u can still read it

wow! i never knew GE90s had ABs!

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

A GE-90 with Afterburner, now that opens quite a few options - JFK-LHR in 3 hours, eat your heart out Airbus .

Comment

after some more looks, i think its a f-35 engine from P&W pictutred

Comment

http://www.geaviation.com/engines/co...e90/index.html
        The GE website says that it reached a max thrust of 127,900lbs of thrust.

-Chris

Comment

it does say 127,900lbs of thrust

Comment

The trouble with the Guinness people is that, while they generally get the facts right, they have a bad habit of using unrelated pictures. In this case with the GE90 record (which is text printed correctly) they've gone down the route of "a jet engine today, any one will do for a picture"

Clearly a case of the production team sampling too much of the the sponsor's product possibly ?

....and can you imagine the photo possibilities of a 777 on a full reheat takeoff out of Heathrow ? And the noise abatement, emissions treehuggers would have a blue fit !!
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
              ....and can you imagine the photo possibilities of a 777 on a full reheat takeoff out of Heathrow ? And the noise abatement, emissions treehuggers would have a blue fit !!
              Especially if they were placed right behind the 777's afterburners .

Comment

Working...
              X