Who distributed my spider bite pics??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who distributed my spider bite pics??

Alright, who submitted my spider bite pictures to www.crazynews.net ???? These were from a family member and whoever did it had no permission to do it.

Here is the article, I get this stuff and am signed up to receive it.

Did you put a copyright notice on the pictures?

If not, oh well, free to the first person who right clicks and saves as......

Comment

Well I would say that you did! You post anything on the net, someone just might grab it and place it eleswhere.

Thomas
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

How could you look at that long enough to right click and say save as.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Nasty! First time I saw the pics... Whats the black string like thing that comes out of the wound though?

Glad I was sitting down and wasn't eating at the time of viewing

If you didn't want anyone to obtain the pics- you shouldn't have posted them on a public forum. The only sure way would be to not post them at all. (Sad but true).. I would just try and email the site and ask them to be removed if those are your intentions..

Comment

How convenient that a site that you use and there's your photos ?

Comment

Hmmm, of all the sites on the net and it happens to be the one you subscribe to
              I walked across an empty land
              I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
              I felt the earth beneath my feet
              Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

what saddens me about this thread is the *so called* experts showing such ignorance in the whole issue of copyright.

1. Lack of copyright notices DOES NOT mean royalty free.
                2. Putting it on the net is not giving carte blanche to do what you like with images...

Look at the bottom of this page .. there IS a copyright notice.

ADG
                ADG
                No makeovers please .....

Comment

Nothing to get sad about..... life is too short.

We can't all be a card carrying copyright expert like you.

IF he had included a copyright notice on the image, it MAY have discouraged someone from using it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Thanks for jumping in and helping, where would we be without your kind words of encouragement?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
                    what saddens me about this thread is the *so called* experts showing such ignorance in the whole issue of copyright.

2. Putting it on the net is not giving carte blanche to do what you like with images...

ADG
                    Bron,

What ignorance........?

I see no one giving their "expert" advice only an opinion. While I agree with you on the grounds of ethics the simple fact that there are a lot of unsavory people out there looking for freebies and the web is ripe for the taking. The simple fact is if you post anything on any forum you are taking a big chance and these individuals (mainly kids) could care less about copyrights. Hopefully Airlnrguy learned a valuable lesson.

Thomas

Comment

Thomas,

What I had in mind is those who post in these forums as knowledgeable about photography coming out and making comments akin to "your hard luck for not putting a notice on the picture".

As I pointed out, there is a copyright notice on the bottom of this page (and all pages on jetphotos.net). Putting copyright notices on the images is a good call, but is not necessary.

I am applying the comments to aviation pictures and have to say that i've heard them all .. in fact, I've heard better ...

"i'm not paying for the picture I used without permission because:

1. There was no copyright notice on the thumbnail (even though there are no less than 1 copyright notice on the page the thumbnail was removed from).
                      2. They aren't good enough to pay for

Statements made in the last 4 weeks by an idiot from Perth, Western Australia to a UK based photographer regarding the illegal use of images on his web site.

I feel that as people who support and even upload to photography related sites, we should attempt to make people aware of the copyright requirements.

ADG
                      ADG
                      No makeovers please .....

Comment

Bron,

I see what you are saying and I agree wholeheartedly. Educating the average visitor, especially kids about copyrights issues is at best like trying to push a boulder up a hill with a feather, still I respect the efforts of those like you who are trying to pound this point home. Sadly, I am afraid that short of some wonder software or severe legal action this is will remain a long term problem.

Thomas

Comment

Thomas,
                          she won't come out and mention my name directly.

No sweat, let her ramble....

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

ADG

There has to be no copyright notice. Using material without permission of the owner is always violating copyright laws. Notice or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronautics
                              There has to be no copyright notice. Using material without permission of the owner is always violating copyright laws. Notice or not.
                              Indeed, it's a right granted to every artist, whether he makes a painting, writes a book or takes a picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X