A question for the technically minded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for the technically minded

I have a desk in my room and on it sits a clunky tv and a clunky crt monitor. I would love to throw these two away and replace them with a single flat screen monitor.

I know I can buy a flat screen pc monitor and buy a tv card to get tv BUT my question is; is it possible to buy a flat screen tv that I can also connect to my case so I wont need to buy a tv card if that makes sense?

So in other words is it possible to buy a flat screen that has inbuilt tv hardware but can also double as a desktop monitor?
    Cheers

I've done a bit of googling and would this be what I'm after? http://sewelldirect.com/pc-to-tv.asp So I would just have to buy a flat screen tv this converter device which will enable the flat screen tv to double as a pc screen right?

Comment

You don't even need a converter. Just look for an LCD TV that has VGA or DVI input. Then you can plug-in your computer directly and use it as a monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
        You don't even need a converter. Just look for an LCD TV that has VGA or DVI input. Then you can plug-in your computer directly and use it as a monitor.
        Oh wicked, thanks avro.

Comment

Uhh yeah, pretty much all LCD TV's have a VGA connector, so you'd just connect that to your PC.

Comment

Working...
          X