uninstalling windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uninstalling windows Vista

...does anyone know how to do this? I know you can't uninstall it so-to-speak but you can revert your PC back to XP, anyone know a reliable and simple way of doing this? I fucking hate vista.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

If it was me I'd change the boot order in BIOS so cd/dvd drive is #1 then I would put in a xp cd and go through the steps until you get to the partition stage, you will see the vista partition, just delete it then do a clean install with xp from there.

If your unfamiliar with installing O/S google for a xp install tutorial, there is some good ones with step by step screen shots instructions

Comment

You aren't the only one...

You need an XP install CD (how you get this is up to you). Then you just insert it, and you may or may not have to configure your BIOS to boot from the CD, it should do it automatically, but if it doesn't, you'll have to configure it. Then the prompts will come up, they are pretty intuituve, follow them, it'll format your HDD (do the full format, not the quick one, and make sure you select the options to clear out the partitions) then XP will install, restart the computer (leave the CD in there, as it may need to install some stuff during config, and you should be all set.

Comment

Hi Mont - The band of "anti Vista" brigade grows all the time - It is a loadda crap - more hassle than it's worth.

Even with XP we still install patches and fixes. This is Microsofts problem, when IBM was punting OS/2 as an alternative to Windows, there was competition for Bill and his merry men to keep them on their toes. Them IBM dropped the race, and Windows went downhill.

Yep, I guess the easiest and quickest way is to have XP available, format Vista off your drive and start again with XP.

All the best,
        RB (Go 'Boks)
        RobB

Comment

I'm not sure I understand the hatred and mistrust of Vista. It works well enough for me and so far I've had no problems.

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by RobinB
            Hi Mont - The band of "anti Vista" brigade grows all the time - It is a loadda crap - more hassle than it's worth.

Even with XP we still install patches and fixes. This is Microsofts problem, when IBM was punting OS/2 as an alternative to Windows, there was competition for Bill and his merry men to keep them on their toes. Them IBM dropped the race, and Windows went downhill.

Yep, I guess the easiest and quickest way is to have XP available, format Vista off your drive and start again with XP.

All the best,
            RB (Go 'Boks)
            hi mate,

how the hell do I format Vista off my PC? that's what I've been trying to do...I even inserted the XP disc in the hope of being able to just do a complete new format and it won't let me install it. I fucking detest vista and that stupid blue screen of death!

next trips
            USA/DXB August.

Comment

Vista always get blue screen of death?

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                hi mate,

how the hell do I format Vista off my PC? that's what I've been trying to do...I even inserted the XP disc in the hope of being able to just do a complete new format and it won't let me install it. I fucking detest vista and that stupid blue screen of death!
                When you restart the computer, it doesn't boot off the CD? If that's the case you have to configure the BIOS to boot off the CD.

Comment

if none of the above does it see if you still have a windows 98 floppy diskette laying around. there's a program on it called "fdisk" which will pretty much nuke vista back to the bowels of hell from whence it came!!!

I know floppy drives are getting rare but they still have their use for killing operating systems!

Boot Disk Source
                  In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Working...
                  X