Guitar Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Playing

So I've decided that I would like to play the guitar. Anyone have experience with it? Can I teach myself or do I get lessons? How hard is it? etc. Any info is much appreciated. Cheers!

-Chris

Depends. If you're musically inclined, it's not hard to learn (I was able to pick it up on my own. Mind you, I'm no where near good at it, but I can play my way through easy chords).
    I'd say it's alot easier than most winds and certainly easier than the piano.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
      certainly easier than the piano.
      Really?!?! I always thought the piano was the easieest thing to learn. Guess I was wrong! Guess noe I ahve to talk my parents into letting me buy one...though I still have to save up for my 350D. So it'll be a while from now.

-Chris

Comment

Drums are better
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I'll vouch for the bass :P

Comment

Fiddles are great!

Comment

Fiddles are great!
              Drums are better!
              This is the GUITAR playing thread! Though I was considering the fiddle, NO drums. Can't get girls with the fiddle.

Seriously though any advice? Thank you Mr. Stecker, the only good reply I've gotten.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                This is the GUITAR playing thread! Though I was considering the fiddle, NO drums. Can't get girls with the fiddle.

Seriously though any advice? Thank you Mr. Stecker, the only good reply I've gotten.

-Chris
                Lol, no prob, mate.
                And what do you mean, you can't get girls with the fiddle!?
                You're from Georgia, I'm sure you can think of some good, hot, corn-fed girls that would dig a mean fiddleman.
                Even though everyone knows that the trumpet is the best instrument.
                Cheers!
                Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                  Lol, no prob, mate.
                  And what do you mean, you can't get girls with the fiddle!?
                  You're from Georgia, I'm sure you can think of some good, hot, corn-fed girls that would dig a mean fiddleman.
                  Even though everyone knows that the trumpet is the best instrument.
                  Cheers!
                  Mitch
                  Naw mate I ain't from GA though I've lived there before. It is by far my fav. state! And no I'm not going to play the trumpet!

-Chris

Comment

I would recommend turntable spinning joking man. Never tried but my dad used to know how to play. He learnt it himself and says it's not too hard.

Comment

-Chris
                      Oh you are right you won't get girls with the fiddles, you will get women!

Take lessons, they are well worth the investment and you won't have a lot of bad habits.

Comment

I recommend you to take lessons on how to play with an Air Guitar first.. I heard its alot easier.. hmmm

Anyway take a look at this one.

Last edited by MaxPower; 2007-10-26, 21:38.
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

If you have any experience in playing stringed instruments it certainly helps, ive been playing bass guitar for almost 5 years now, and after i had been playing for about 3 years my brother got a guitar which ive found really easy to switch to. After two years of teaching myself, im not that great, but i can just jam along with people.

Would you be learning on acoustic or electric?
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

I beg to differ

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                              I beg to differ
                              I beg to differ from your begging to differ! Maybe where you live but not in Dixie.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X