A ‘HAUNTED’ playground swing that rocks backwards and forwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A ‘HAUNTED’ playground swing that rocks backwards and forwards

What do you guys make of this? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle385529.ece

Here is one of many youtube videos of it;

Just to clear a few things up; It cant be the wind because some swings sit perfectly still while others move. They cant be attached by fishing line because you look at the crowds that this phenomenon attracts on other youtube vids.

I can only think that maybe something is buried underneath the swings and reacts with the chain?

Maybe a wind corridor going only through one swing ? Pretty crazy though.
    Where do you got all that wierd stuff from anyway ?

Comment

Why does the little girl get so much attention. She's just playing, let her be.. she's no ghost. How would you feel if you were playing there and all of a sudden you see cameras and alot of people gathering around you ? Dont you just wish to be invisible ? Maybe someone should contact the little boy Cole Sear from the The sixth sense (Movie with Bruce Willis) and let him talk with the little girl on that swing...lol ...
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I can't see it being natural wind. At about 47 seconds in, something (paper presumably) gets blown by the wind on the right hand side of the screen. Moving in a completely different direction to the swing.

However, if you watch the man that appears 20 seconds in, as he walks away, his coat flaps for about half a second in a fashion you would expect if wind was blowing into it. Also note that throughout the video the camera does not show every angle. So my guess is that they have some sort of big fan with concentrated blow so that the other swing is not affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan380
          I can't see it being natural wind. At about 47 seconds in, something (paper presumably) gets blown by the wind on the right hand side of the screen. Moving in a completely different direction to the swing.

However, if you watch the man that appears 20 seconds in, as he walks away, his coat flaps for about half a second in a fashion you would expect if wind was blowing into it. Also note that throughout the video the camera does not show every angle. So my guess is that they have some sort of big fan with concentrated blow so that the other swing is affected.

I'm a skeptic but this one has got me stumped. Just think though if it was a fan how does the swing swing against the fan? it wouldent have enough momentum too, and the same applies to wind in general. This is not the only video there is heaps more on youtube so the camera angle is irrelevant

I guess if you turned a fan off and on at the right time then it could work but you can see there is no fan from all the other videos

Comment

Swing belongs to Harry Potter
            RobB

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
              I'm a skeptic but this one has got me stumped. Just think though if it was a fan how does the swing swing against the fan? it wouldent have enough momentum too, and the same applies to wind in general. This is not the only video there is heaps more on youtube so the camera angle is irrelevant

I guess if you turned a fan off and on at the right time then it could work but you can see there is no fan from all the other videos
              Hmm, I see your point here. However, I think the swing pushes it one way, and then graivty pulls it back down the other, then the wind kicks in again. I don't think turning on and off has anything to do with it. I'm no physics expert, but that's my opinion.

Comment

Working...
              X