Flight safety briefing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight safety briefing....

Remember those bored flight attendants halfheartedly going throught the safety briefing ?

This is how it should be done......

http://www.shoutfile.com/v/3TDU3Lrh/...ight_Attendant
    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Originally posted by brianw999
    This is how it should be done......
    I have to disagree with you on this one. This is one of the reasons that i will never fly on SWA ever again. If the flight crew cannot be professional and serious about there duties. How can you be sure that the message they are trying to project got thru when 3/4 of the passengers are rolling on the floor laughing there asses off???
    Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
    http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Same thing with Westjet in Canada.

Comment

Ummmmmm....let's not get too carried away folks, it WAS a tongue in cheek comment !

.....and on most flights I've been on a good 50% of passengers don't take a blind bit of notice of the briefing. Think about it. How many people do you see actually looking at the safety card ?

I'd put money on a lot more taking note of this one.
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Droning, monotone, uninterested safety briefs do NOT give the impression of efficiency. They suggest the crew are bored and taking little or no interest in the welfare and safety of the passengers.

A brieifing such as this shows the crew are trying to ensure they get the passengers full attention and listen. He managed to put all the salient points over in such a way that many people who wouldn't usually listen actually took notice.

I would rather a crew with a sense of humour than a bored dispostion and listless outlook.

Andy

Comment

Hahah very funny.
            BH Airlines A319

Comment

Exactly, had the same experience on WestJet... instead of a serious safety message we got this and through the whole flight F/As were telling us jokes... I don't like Westjet... :/

Comment

Our Kalula.com (operated by Comair) have the same wacky safety briefs - and it goes down very well. The proof of this is that people who fly Kalula tell of what the safety briefing was about, as if they were reading the darn thing off the card - IE: They REMEMBER the briefing well enough after their flight to tell people later. I must be working........
                RobB

Comment

Sorry to hear you guys think SWA is "unproffessional" and such.

SWA does it to add humor, and make them being funny. Also it provides folks to pay more attention and some of them actually remember.

But you can be DAMN rest assured, the minute a problem arises, WN will stop their jokes and clapping, and immediatly take serious action on board to make sure the person in distress is ok.

Alex
                  Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net
                    This is one of the reasons that i will never fly on SWA ever again. If the flight crew cannot be professional and serious about there duties. How can you be sure that the message they are trying to project got thru when 3/4 of the passengers are rolling on the floor laughing there asses off???
                    No body listens to these speechs anyway.. Also they do tell you to look through the safety card there is your professionalism.

Being professional doesn't mean you have to be a hard ass and give the same speech over and over without a smile.. It starts to sound like you hate your job. Sorry to hear you're not going to be on SWA anymore you're missing out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net
                      I have to disagree with you on this one. This is one of the reasons that i will never fly on SWA ever again. If the flight crew cannot be professional and serious about there duties. How can you be sure that the message they are trying to project got thru when 3/4 of the passengers are rolling on the floor laughing there asses off???
                      Good god...you must be the life of every party you go to... First off how many people even listen to the safety briefing to begin with? Perhaps when you get someone's attention by making them laugh a bit the message will get across and more people will listen.

SWA's safety record is second to known compared to other airlines. Don't fly them, that's your choice but I'll continue to enjoy arriving on-time, safely, and enjoy a laugh at the same time.
                      Last edited by tommyalf; 2007-11-05, 02:26.

Comment

Humourous safety briefing is one of the best ways to get their attention.
                        All the "safety lines" that requires to be included on the briefing is said, it just added a little humour on it.

Although I intentionally never listened at these briefings myself, I just always take a look at the safety maplet. I would have loved to be on one of these flights. This cracked my up.

Insert a quarter for every minute of oxygen.
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Yea, God forbid people have fun with their jobs...
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                          X