Chat Room Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Room Thread

Chat Room Thread This is the thread for a general ongoing non-specific chat discussion...

What's everyone up too?
    BH Airlines A319

Replying to your thread.

Comment

Hahaha,so you doing anything interesting today Bok?

i think i'm gonna go fly a 172 for a hour.
      BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic
        Hahaha,so you doing anything interesting today Bok?

i think i'm gonna go fly a 172 for a hour.
        Write an oral presentation for Spanish, do a little FS, get my flight training set up, etc.

Comment

pretty ordinary day for me, just got back from the bookstore (bought fahrenheit 451, 1984 and brave new world), now I'm listening to czech music as I try and track down a slovak bookstore in toronto lol

Comment

Wishing I hadn't chosen to do geography.

Drowning in coursework.

Comment

Eating candy before I take a showers do some studying of flying related material.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                pretty ordinary day for me, just got back from the bookstore (bought fahrenheit 451, 1984 and brave new world), now I'm listening to czech music as I try and track down a slovak bookstore in toronto lol

What is the book about,is it about 9/11 and Pres Bush?
                BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by Asmir Hamidovic
                  What is the book about,is it about 9/11 and Pres Bush?
                  IIRC it's a counter point to Michael Moore's Farenheight 9/11

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                    IIRC it's a counter point to Michael Moore's Farenheight 9/11

Is it any good?
                    BH Airlines A319

Comment

No, Fahrenheit 451 is an allegorical story written in the early sixties about a "fireman" (in the future setting, it means someone who burns books) about the dysfunction of American society at the beggining of the Cold War Era.
                      The only thing that the fat idiot's movie has to do with it is a spin-off of it's title (451 Degrees F is the burning point of paper).

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                        No, Fahrenheit 451 is an allegorical story written in the early sixties about a "fireman" (in the future setting, it means someone who burns books) about the dysfunction of American society at the beggining of the Cold War Era.
                        The only thing that the fat idiot's movie has to do with it is a spin-off of it's title (451 Degrees F is the burning point of paper).
                        hmmh.... I guess I stand corrected then. But I swear I saw a movie that was named Fahrenheit 451 which was made to show the inaccuracies in Fahrenheit 911. So now I'm wondering WTF it was that I saw, or if I'm imagining things.

Comment

Well, there is a 1964 film by the same name, but I doubt that was to counter Moore's work.
                          EDIT: I believe you're thinking of FahrenHYPE 9/11?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
                            Well, there is a 1964 film by the same name, but I doubt that was to counter Moore's work.
                            EDIT: I believe you're thinking of FahrenHYPE 9/11?
                            Yeah, that must be it then... not sure how I got that confused with 451 though

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
                              bought 1984
                              One of the best books I've ever read ! I would also recommend the Animal Farm. By Orwell as well.
                              Btw. grade 12 University English ?

Comment

Working...
                              X