X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a challenge?

god damn guinnes records are sick:
    aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever seen. Yes they can record it but do we really want people to try and break it.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

They seem to have removed that "break record" icon. I hope that "record" will never be broken.

Comment

You have got to be fuc***** kidding man. Damn lets sue them!
        (got Boeing?)

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1117

Comment

Please tell me this is a joke
          Check out my photos at jp.net! http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=613

Comment

The website has a standardised page, and loads the information about the specific record in as it is requested. This means that the framework of every records page is the same. Guinness keep world records of EVERYTHING, so of course in a minority of circumstances this framework is not suitable.

Don't take it so personally - I don't see you getting worked up about the other eventualities where this goes wrong, such as perhaps the bloodiest war or worst train wreck. The twin towers attack was horrendous, but its not the only horrific event in world history so stop acting like its some personal attack!

As Aloges said, this icon has now been removed (if indeed it was ever there - heard of photoshop anyone?). It was an honest mistake and I doubt it was a personal attack against the good citizens of the United States (most of whom would instantly recognise the mistake for just that!). Think it through before screaming your heads off about Guinness being 'sick' or stupid.
            I walked across an empty land
            I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
            I felt the earth beneath my feet
            Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

No kidding, talk about going overboard. "Lets sue them"
              Earl From Regina

Comment

It obvious Jess that this is a framework and that they just apply each record to the same page but for events such as this it should have been made into a seperate template.
                Its the worst thing that ever happen to this country and after only 2 years alot of us are still very touchy about that subject. Not knocking anyone but you would have to live in the US to fully understand.
                But its now taken off the page...so movin on.

Comment

Originally posted by mikecweb
                  Its the worst thing that ever happen to this country and after only 2 years alot of us are still very touchy about that subject.
                  I don't mean to irritate or offend anyone, but do you really think so? I always thought that World War Two was the worst thing that happened to the US, the UK, France, Germany, Japan, Italy... almost the entire World. Tens of millions of young men being killed, vast devastation in Europe and Asia, and that event at Pearl Harbor.

My question is honest and not meant to be disrespectful toward the victims of the 9/11 attacks: Do you think that the events on September 11th, 2001 were worse than World War Two?

Comment

That is what I am thinking.
                    CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

The one terrorist responsible for WWII was named Hitler.

Comment

I see this topic going south very fast but I need to state my opinion. And its my opinion only. The 9/11 attacks were the worst thing that ever happened to this country. If it wasn't the worst it sure ranks up there with our civil war and the great depression. But WW2 was not the worst thing that happened to this country. Pearl Harbor was an attack on our military. 9/11 was an attack on our economy and our citizens.
                        As far as being affected by it. You may have been affected by it in some way, maybe you knew someone who died, maybe you lost your job. But YOU have not FULLY felt it unless you were an american at the time of those attacks. Again this is my opinion. You may disagree with it but its not bullshit.

Comment

I agree with Mikecweb 100%.

Sure, we have had many wars and tragedies in our countries history, but never has there been an attack so great in magnitute aimed at innocent people then on September 11. I agree, WW2 and the civil war were very tragic events for Europe, and even the USA, but most of the people we lost were lawful, fighting combatants. The civilians lost on 9/11 weren't.
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                            I agree with Mikecweb 100%.

Sure, we have had many wars and tragedies in our countries history, but never has there been an attack so great in magnitute aimed at innocent people then on September 11. I agree, WW2 and the civil war were very tragic events for Europe, and even the USA, but most of the people we lost were lawful, fighting combatants. The civilians lost on 9/11 weren't.
                            Just to be clear, the civilian loss of life in WWII exceeded that of the Twin Towers attack many many times over. But you're right, this was in Europe and not the USA. (I am sure you'll agree that where an incident takes place does not affect in any way how tragic it is).
                            I walked across an empty land
                            I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
                            I felt the earth beneath my feet
                            Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Correct. WWII was much more tragic. But in my opinion wasn't as worse for the USA as the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X