YOUR MOST UNWISHED GIFT(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOUR MOST UNWISHED GIFT(s)

Ok Ladies and Gentlemen, XMAS is over and scores of unwished gifts are flooding eBay and other online shops willing to advertise them for sale.

Now, the questions I have in mind are

1- What was the worst gift you ever had to recieve .......

2- Who was behind it

3- How did you get rid of it.

My answers

1- I have got so many, that I just can't single out a chrystal clear winner ! Should I would have to re-collect them all and airlift them to a single location, I dare figuring that a 120 ton + capable 747-400F would be required to do the job
    2- Although an all economy configurated 767-300 would be required to fly the individuals behind them to the same destination as the freighter, two human beings manage to single out : one grandMa and one "friend"
    3- As the event usually occured well before the Net age, usually treat was blowing up with firecrackers

Now your turn
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

I can't really think of a horrible gift that I've received but I do remember one Christmas getting socks. After my mom saw what happened to her socks that she gave me I have never received socks again, and this year I gave her three pairs of socks to get back at her. The only downside is that she liked them! I filled the ones she gave me with tissue paper, lighter fluid, 32 matches spread throughout, and more lighter fluid. They were gone in about five seconds.

-Chris

Comment

Just wait until the day you don't have any socks then you'll wish you had them.

Christmas isn't about what you get. You should be thankful for everything you get. No matter how bad you may think it is because they tried to be nice and get you something even though they didn't have to give you anything at all, since that's not what Christmas is about!
      Tanner Johnson - Owner
      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Returning something I can see, but burning them? Come on now. Maybe she'll take a hint and not get you anything in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by z740
          I can't really think of a horrible gift that I've received but I do remember one Christmas getting socks. After my mom saw what happened to her socks that she gave me I have never received socks again, and this year I gave her three pairs of socks to get back at her. The only downside is that she liked them! I filled the ones she gave me with tissue paper, lighter fluid, 32 matches spread throughout, and more lighter fluid. They were gone in about five seconds.

-Chris
          You might be a redneck if...

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            You might be a redneck if...
            Might be a redneck... you ARE a redneck if....

It wasn't that spectacular but there was lighter fluid and fire involved. Of course I asked my mom before I did it and she was okay with it. She gave them to me as a joke not to actually wear.

-Chris

Comment

Not sure if I ever had a unwanted gift. All gifts are special to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ALM92
                Not sure if I ever had a unwanted gift. All gifts are special to me.
                Well said, same here.

Comment

Christmas is not a championship of running after the best present for anybody important in the familiy or with friends. No, Christmas is more a kind of worldwide aid for the poor who had nothing throughout the year, only the hope for Christmas that their shops and the business will running best, as it didn't all the recent months since last Christmas....

get FRA spotting informations here:
                  www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by DAIRD
                    Christmas is not a championship of running after the best present for anybody important in the familiy or with friends. No, Christmas is more a kind of worldwide aid for the poor who had nothing throughout the year, only the hope for Christmas that their shops and the business will running best, as it didn't all the recent months since last Christmas....

Being left with the option of stating "No Gift for Me, Instead please transfer the money you planned investing for some geniune charities such as Harvest America and Oxfam" well before Dec24th would have been fine
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I gave a gift that became my wife's most unwanted gift. She's never cleaned out a shower, somehow that's my job. I decided to give her a "Scum Buster". It was also the year that all of her family got together. Was she pissed!

Even today, some 8 years later, if you mention the "Scum Buster" she gets mad. And guess what? She still doesn't clean showers!

Comment

Probably the Pajama bottoms my mom got me. I sleep naked, so they're pointless.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I dont know yet. However my new Klim Freeride pants are awesome, they were givin to me the day we got three feet of snow
                          You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                            Probably the Pajama bottoms my mom got me. I sleep naked, so they're pointless.
                            Maybe she doesn't know this!

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                              Maybe she doesn't know this!
                              I learned the hard way.

Comment

Working...
                              X