virus pop up,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virus pop up,

i was on the internet and all of a sudden my screen turned white and a little box that said windows is know shutting down came. there was also writing in the little box that said my computer had a bad virus and was going to lose alot of what a had on my computer. after that writing in the little box the was a sign that said click here and solve the problem, so i clicked it and i had to by a $40 product to get rid of the virus. know i new that this was a frikin pop-up and the dumb boxes wouldnt go away. so i pressed atl+ctrl+delete and then clicked end task to get rid of the boxes and the wite screen.

im posting this because alot of people on A.net are sayin this happened to them also and i was wondering if this happened to any of u guys? heres a link to the a.net discution about the stupid pop-up fake virus http://www.airliners.net/discussions...ad.main/13492/
    frist is my last name, not a type-o

I also got this, but I don't remember which site I was browsing, could be airliners.net.

Comment

I was just playing my game, earth 2025, and I got that and not realizing that it was a popup, panicked because of all this virus stuff until i saw "fix found". But for non-computer users, like my grandmother, who bought 199$ software package because she thought she had a virus because an internet popup told her so. When I saw this, I just had to vent.. so

F*** YOU POPUP COMPANIES WHO TRICK PEOPLE INTO BUYING YOUR OVERPRICED SOFTWARE WITH A POPUP THAT LOOKS LIKE A REAL ERROR MESSAGE SAYING YOUR COMPUTER IS ABOUT TO CRASH. THAT IS SOOOO WRONG!

Comment

this is a massive attack go here: http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...displaylang=en

Here is the link for Win2000's RPC patch

JetPhotos.Net Lead Programmer
        www.jetphotos.net/matt/

Comment

Originally posted by grammo
          this is a massive attack go here: http://microsoft.com/downloads/detai...displaylang=en

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...80-x86-ENU.exe
          what do you mean "this is a massive attack"?

Comment

Originally posted by AIRLNRGUY

I was just playing my game, earth 2025, and I got that and not realizing that it was a popup, panicked because of all this virus stuff until i saw "fix found". But for non-computer users, like my grandmother, who bought 199$ software package because she thought she had a virus because an internet popup told her so. When I saw this, I just had to vent.. so
            Umm that isn't a popup, thats the windows blaster worm. It WILL shut your computer down every 50 seconds, since it happened to me, but Kaddyuk gave me the site to get a patch to fix it. I don't think it is the same thing that fristclass has, since it sounds like he doesn't have a worm, but just a popup.

Frist- From what it sounds like, you just have a popup, but if anything starts not working on your computer, you should run something like norton and see if you can find it.
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

No .. he has $40 dollars less in his pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by fristclass
                Originally posted by grammo

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...80-x86-ENU.exe
                what do you mean "this is a massive attack"?
                like herpa said its a massive virus attack by the Blaster worm.. those are the links to the microsoft patches to fix the security hole.
                JetPhotos.Net Lead Programmer
                www.jetphotos.net/matt/

Comment

I've been attacked once by this virus once, and got rid of it simply by pressing the Windows key on my keyboard to bring up the Task Bar and closing all Internet Explorer windows. The free removal tool for the W32.Blaster worm can be found at www.Symantec.com, and don't forget to run www.WindowsUpdate.com afterwards to fix the hole in Windows that enables this worm to get to your system.

Comment

It is also a very good idea to use firewall.
                    I haven't got msblaster I'm behind a firewall that blocks access to port 135 wich msblast utilises to its attack. So no worries here.
                    If you use Windows, I would recommed ZoneAlarm as a firewall, it is quite nice.
                    And in linux - that I use in my router, I use iptables(not that there would be too much choise *sigh* )
                    http://ovp.fi

Comment

Whew! Scared me for a second. I guess this is one advantage of running Windows ME...the default windows are not that colorful! So I knowe something was up. Oddly enough, it was easy to exterminate, and my computer DID NOT shut down after the countdown hit 0. I wonder what's up with this.

P.S. I don't think it was from this site cuz all that was up on my screen when the thing came up was an a.net window.

Also, it went thru my pop up blocker, which usually catches EVERYTHING...you have to click a button to view any pop-up ad!

So anything else?

EDIT: I am now 99% sure it is from a.net....

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003

Umm that isn't a popup, thats the windows blaster worm. It WILL shut your computer down every 50 seconds, since it happened to me, but Kaddyuk gave me the site to get a patch to fix it. I don't think it is the same thing that fristclass has, since it sounds like he doesn't have a worm, but just a popup.

Frist- From what it sounds like, you just have a popup, but if anything starts not working on your computer, you should run something like norton and see if you can find it.
                        That is a popup, its just meant to look real, which it does. What you can't see here is that thing that says, fix found, click here!

Comment

I got the Pop-up on A.net. Pissed me off more than it scared me.

Comment

acutally whats on the picture is the very same thing that happened to me. when it was done counting down nothing happened. when it counted down for u airlinerguy did ur computer shut down by it self or did u turn it off cause u thought somthing bad would happen? just wonderin.

but thanx for telling me what could fix my computer if somthing bad really did happen[/quote]

Comment

acutally whats on the picture is the very same thing that happened to me. when it was done counting down nothing happened. when it counted down for u airlinerguy did ur computer shut down by it self or did u turn it off cause u thought somthing bad would happen? just wonderin.

but thanx for telling me what could fix my computer if somthing bad really did happen[/quote]

Comment

Working...
                              X