Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonathan
    replied
    The only light in my street in upper west side manhatan.

Leave a comment:

• tommyalf
    replied
    Finally got my power back at 1:00 P.M. Amazing that in this day and age something as widespread as this could happen.

Leave a comment:

• The Flying Dutchman
    replied
    I was at work when the power went out. Things were very chaotic! It took
    me around 2 hours to get home which only takes me 15 mins. Power was out from 4:15pm until 6:30 am the next day. Went back out and back on
    at 10:30am.

Leave a comment:

• aloges
    replied
    Originally posted by JeffinDEN
    Originally posted by aloges
    Originally posted by Van Hoolio
    Hopefully we'll get a nice new clean nuclear power plant out of this one.
    Hopefully not! Coal or heavy oil would be so much better for the environment!
    ???
    I knew I should have put some smilies there.

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    Originally posted by aloges
    ???

Leave a comment:

• aloges
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Van Hoolio
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    Copy/Paste of my other post.

WOW...as of 12:36, power back up in my house. Funny, my block's power went out but the one next to me, not even 100 feet away had power. Very strange feeling not having power at night. It was really freaky though driving through the streets. Some intersections had power...others didn't. But, i'm glad that ordeal is over. Band Camp tomorrow morning

Edit: The full/almost full moon added to the eerieness. Looks around an hour before sunrise even though it's only 1am!

Leave a comment:

• fristclass
    replied
    its already been posted

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    replied
    Yeah, I remember a few winters a go we had so much ice on our power lines all of ATL was out like a wet match. No school foor 3 days!

Leave a comment:

• aloges
    replied
    Hehe... it almost never happens. But when it does...

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    LOL! This is great- Almost the entire scity of Watertown has NO power except for my street! Power is working fine on my street...I was just driving around, I was going to go to the mall but all of the stores closed because they had no lights. Traffic lights are out all across the city, its a gridlock.

Leave a comment:

• Major Power Outages in Northeast USA / Southeast Canada

CNN is reporting power outages in several major cities, including New York, Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, and Ottawa. NO further word on this is up yet, but it appears that a Con Edison transformer was on fire in Manhattan.... here's the article from CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A major power outage simultaneously struck several large cities in the United States and Canada late Thursday afternoon.

Cities affected include New York; Boston, Massachusetts; Cleveland, Ohio; Detroit, Michigan; Toronto, Ontario; and Ottawa, Ontario. The power outage occurred shortly after 4 p.m.

Much of Midtown Manhattan and Wall Street were shut down, including all area airports and the Long Island Railroad. The airports were operating on back-up power and operations were reported to be normal, officials said.

The New York City Police Department said they were trying to determine what happened. A Con Edison transformer on East 14th Street in Manhattan was afire, CNN learned.

Thousands of people could be seen leaving buildings and walking into the streets. New York subways were reported stopped and people were trapped in the cars.
    URL:http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/08/14/pow...age/index.html
Working...
X