Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kinda car do you drive...version 2.0!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kompressor means that there is a auxilary power by compressed air (generated with a air compressor) joining the normal standard Mercedes-Bonz engine. Its a very old and simple principe, was used in the 1920's / 1930's in the Mercedes cars.
    By the way: before I got the Barchetta I owned a 1992 Dodge Daytona with a turbo-charger. The charger was much better than the compressor in the Mercedes of my wifes dad, because when accelerated, my Daytona had no lack of turbo power and was in 12 seconds up to 100 miles. Very useful on the autobahn, when some BMW's or Audi tried to escape. The Alfa has much more power than the Daytona and no turbo, the motor runs smooth, but the car is to heavy for sprints like that. And driving in summer "top-less" with speed of more than 100 miles are not recommended, because some stuff (CD, papers, sun-glasses etc.) lifts off and leaves the car...

get FRA spotting informations here:
    www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

My personal car is a very mundane Vauxhall Vectra 1600 16v which I drive at reasonable speeds because I like to get there alive without it costing me too much.

....and I also drive a Ford Mondeo 2 litre estate at speeds of up to 140 mph....in the UK....without getting a speeding ticket....ever. In fact, I sometimes pass a police car at those speeds because they pulled over to let me pass !!

You will have guessed by now of course that it's a marked up, blues and two's, police spec. rapid response car. And I get PAID to drive like that !!
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

1997 Volkswagon Jetta GLS....red...just like this one...but mine isnt as shiny

Comment

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

I have it until I graduate in a year and half.

Comment

I drive a 2002 Jetta diesel. It's up to 335,000k. My wife drives a 1998 Hyndai Accent. She doesn't need much to toot around town.

Comment

As of 2008:

FAO pkonowrocki: is that YOUR car , IE: you paying for it or your parents car IE: they paid for it? hah Just wondering, kinda hard to afford a 41K car at 18 :P
              ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                FAO pkonowrocki: is that YOUR car , IE: you paying for it or your parents car IE: they paid for it? hah Just wondering, kinda hard to afford a 41K car at 18 :P
                Yeap it is mine I'm the signed owner of it. It's on a lease though. I wouldn't be able to actually purchase a TT yet My parents paid the sum of money you ahve to pay down to lease a car, was like a couple of Ks I think. And I pay the lease evey month, insurrance and gas. The deal with my parents was that in return I have to help volountarly at my mom's job which is not too bad. So yes, I am the owner I don't see anything unusual though. Most of my friends own Audis or Merces. The A4 and C-Class are really popular between my buddies. A TT is pricely almost equal to an A4.
                My rents own those:

My dad's 2007 Chrysler 300C Hemi (5.7L 5 Speed Manual) - taken from my window

My mom's 2003 Chrysler 300M (3.5 I think 5 Speed Auto) - taken in cenntenial park

The infamouse 2001 Mazda MPV LX a.k.a. my old car, now a family car (2.5L 4 Speed Auto) - taken right next to CYYZ
                Last edited by Guest; 2008-01-06, 04:55.

Comment

Our latest addition:

2007 Mercedes CLS 350 CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                    My personal car is a very mundane Vauxhall Vectra 1600 16v which I drive at reasonable speeds because I like to get there alive without it costing me too much.

....and I also drive a Ford Mondeo 2 litre estate at speeds of up to 140 mph....in the UK....without getting a speeding ticket....ever. In fact, I sometimes pass a police car at those speeds because they pulled over to let me pass !!

You will have guessed by now of course that it's a marked up, blues and two's, police spec. rapid response car. And I get PAID to drive like that !!
                    Was in luck - Blue Meanies never caught me while driving down the autobahn with speeds of more than 100 mls/h (joke: imagine a man leaving a police station and shouting out loud: "I can walk! Again, I can walk!" "Wonder of Lourdes?" "No, the police has impounded my drivers license...". Made my last speeding ticket in July 1990, the last ticket for illegal parking in CDG in 2001. Although the Alfa makes pretty close to 130 mls/h I do not accelerate above 100 miles, keeping 80 mls and relax it...

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                      Yeap it is mine I'm the signed owner of it. It's on a lease though. I wouldn't be able to actually purchase a TT yet My parents paid the sum of money you ahve to pay down to lease a car, was like a couple of Ks I think. And I pay the lease evey month, insurrance and gas. The deal with my parents was that in return I have to help volountarly at my mom's job which is not too bad. So yes, I am the owner I don't see anything unusual though. Most of my friends own Audis or Merces. The A4 and C-Class are really popular between my buddies. A TT is pricely almost equal to an A4.
                      Hmm yeah leasing is alright, although i don't support it at all the "dp" that you make just covers up for the high monthly payments, and on that TT VERY high monthly payments. The whole purpose of a lease is to put minimum down (nothing above $1000) So if a lease offer is like $450 a month with 3,450 due at signing or something thats not good at all.

What kind of M.F. and residual did you get on it?
                      ***My Blog***

Comment

Here's my 1995 VW Golf 1.6 petrol with a 5 gear manual. Just passed 200.000 kms a few weeks ago. As they say at Northwest Airlines: it may be old but it is paid for.

Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                          Hmm yeah leasing is alright, although i don't support it at all the "dp" that you make just covers up for the high monthly payments, and on that TT VERY high monthly payments. The whole purpose of a lease is to put minimum down (nothing above $1000) So if a lease offer is like $450 a month with 3,450 due at signing or something thats not good at all.

What kind of M.F. and residual did you get on it?
                          Asking about numbers/prices ? All I know is that the money I pay is:
                          $2500 down payment
                          $875.43 + taxes/month
                          Lease is for 24months.
                          All those numbers are negotiatable though. I got a mini deal on the car as the owner of the dealership is my parent's friend. And the lease itself is negotiatable as well. If you want more details I have to get my papers when I get home

Gianluca, that's one of my dream cars !! You one lucky guy !!! Im so jealous

Comment

mine...old Ford which are skyrocketing in price in Australia, recently one fetching 5 times more than its original purchase price.

mums car which I tend to "borrow" when I feel like...VW Toureg V8.

next trips
                            USA/DXB August.

Comment

and what's your dad's car? A Hummer?

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                                mums car which I tend to "borrow" when I feel like...VW Toureg V8.
                                What is it with mothers and SUV's?? Here's my mom's car:

Comment

Working...
                                X