Thank you CREW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you CREW!!

I was recently searching the A.NET forums (I know, I know bad idea) and was amazed at the junk that's over there. What really shook me up was that they HATE any mentions of JP. They say that it's just a copy of them and that they don't want to ruin the forums with such horrible links. Before this I had wanted to join ANET. This was before I found JP. Today I realized how thankful that I found JP and how appreciative of CK I am. Chris, I can't thank you enough for the wonderful site you have created. The people are friendly, nice, and willing to help if you have a question. The screeners are willing to answer any questions and the forum moderators do a wonderful job of keeping the forums clean of junk. CK, AJ, Jid, Dan, Tom, Gabe, Omar, Mark, and the rest of the CREW, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping keep this wonderful site up and running!

-Chris

It's not that they hate any mention of JP, but before the Demand Media buyout, you weren't even ALLOWED to mention JP, lest you be burned at the stake, or worse...banned.
    Oh well. The ideology-at-large over there is the polar opposite of mine anyways. JP suits me just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Alliance
      It's not that they hate any mention of JP, but before the Demand Media buyout, you weren't even ALLOWED to mention JP, lest you be burned at the stake, or worse...banned.
      Oh well. The ideology-at-large over there is the polar opposite of mine anyways. JP suits me just fine.
      Yeah, I just upload photos there because if you can get them in, I think it does get more exposure. But this is a much better site community wise IMO.

Comment

All the forums are there is one person responding with the same thing over and over again after the initial answer has already been posted and it's annoying as hell.
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Or you end up with a bunch of teenage CEOs who don't know anything arguing with people who actually know what they are talking about. I'm a member of both, but I prefer the community here much more.

Comment

Actually after 37 years in aviation (I started working at YPQ when I was 14) there is always some knowledge to be added. Actually some of the teenage CEO's are quite knowledgeable and even more funny.

Comment

They're both great sites, yes they have their minor differences but at the end of the day they are the number 1 and 2 aviation sites on the net (I'll leave it open which is 1 and which is 2). Im not sure of the exact numbers but I would say a high % contribute to both.

I find it interesting that my most popular shot over there, a shot that went to several thousand views in a day, has only had a couple of hundred here. And a shot that got rejected over there is by far my most popular shot on here.

Comment

Glad you like.

Comment

When Joe left, it created a big gaping hole which was soon filled by 10 year olds. Other than that, its still a great place. Not what it used to be, but I've met many great people here I can now call friends.

As for the forums, looks like they're deteriorating a bit to be honest. Lets lobby back the Emu, who else can keep all the kiddies in check?
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I miss emu.

Comment

I miss him more. Even though he's curled up right beside me stroking my inner theigh.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                        big gaping hole [...] filled by 10 year olds [...] the forums, looks like they're deteriorating
                        Can't agree more. The forums are not as "exciting" as they used to be when I joined. I remember getting like 10 new threads in off topic section each day. Those were the days...

Comment

Yes, the days when the Mastodon roamed the plains of Jetphotos.net. I say we post tribute to the good old days!

sigpic

Comment

Oh my don't even remind me. Every thread reply contained "mastodon" in it. Oh and don't forget the fantastic peebee's posts/threads
                            Had to dig some stuff:

http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=35245 - classic
                            http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=30797 - another classic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                              I miss him more. Even though he's curled up right beside me stroking my inner theigh.
                              Isn't he in the Sim or on IOE right about now?

But I agree, we need the return of F/O Emu.

Actually some of the teenage CEO's are quite knowledgeable and even more funny.
                              Very true. Although more annoying are the ones who pretend their pilots. There is 1 16-20 year old who is a FO on the A380 for DL.

Comment

Working...
                              X