I was wondering...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was wondering...

...well yeah another car related question.
    Anyway I ahve this funky little screen/lcd w.e. you wanna call that in my new car. Pretty much where it displays map/radio and other info. Whenever I drive I just connect my iPod to the radio and listen to mp3s. Now I was wondering whether there is anyway that you can edit/hack/customize the car's screen to dispaly the iPod's stuff - like i.e. album artwork or music videos. I just thought that would be pretty cool. So I have no idea how to do that, so I just thought I would ask here in case anone has tried that, or if we have any technicians here that are into this stuff

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

PS. I'm asking this for a reason cause I've seen cars on movie videos having that and I've seen cars where you could connect PS2 to it and play games on the screen.

Hey-

Ok Man, if I understand your leasing it, to only be returned later, then DON'T do that. Since you don't own it, and only "renting" it, any damage to the car in the way your thinking you will have to pay for that damage.

Just a suggestion!

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Or ask your question on a car forum...

Yea, I wouldn't mess that car up especially since you have to return it.
      Tanner Johnson - Owner
      twenty53 Photography

Comment

I am gonna have to agree with Tanner and Alex, dont mess with the car.

But what you would have to do is use a video output from iPod to the screen. I am pretty sure that is how they hook gaming consoles to TVs in cars.
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

There's probably software out there that could do it but it's likely dealer based stuff that you'd need to obtain plus you need the cable to interface with a laptop and so on and if you can get one they're not cheap. My collegue's got one for his S4 that lets you mess around with the car's engine management system and electronics, but then again he own's it and is not leasing it.

Why didn't you get an S3 instead of what we call in the UK a Hairdresser's car?

Same engine but in a shell that looks a million times better!

Comment

Alright, I got myself an iPod clip thing today to clip it to one of the vents. Does the thing but the screens si kinda small. But now I have both a video and gps working while driving lol.
            I didn't get the S3 because I honestly don't think they are available in North America (at least not yet). If they were I would obviously go with that one :P

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
              I didn't get the S3 because I honestly don't think they are available in North America (at least not yet). If they were I would obviously go with that one :P
              Ah, fair enough. I'd love to get an S3 but they cost 25K GBP over here for even a 6 month old one and I can't afford the monthly repayments on a 25k loan.
              I missed out on a 4yr old old shape one a few weeks back and i'm gutted!

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                Why didn't you get an S3 instead of what we call in the UK a Hairdresser's car?
                Mommy thought he was cool, but not that cool!
                Tanner Johnson - Owner
                twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                  Mommy thought he was cool, but not that cool!
                  DAMN HE PWN3D DAWG!
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 2008-01-15, 19:13.

Comment

Dude, if you get pulled over. You're royally f**ked. Not smart for an aspiring airline pilot...or trendy flight attendant.

EDIT: Joe says when you kill somebody, hes comming back to jp.net just to say "I told you so."...and did you just say your mom bought the car afterall?
                      sigpic
                      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 2008-01-15, 19:14.

Comment

Mommy and daddy will think it's a mistake when they have to come identify their sons body at the scene of an accident or in the morgue.

Worst thing a parent can do...and just for an adrenaline rush? Are you kidding me? Next time you want to go that fast, think about the pain and suffering your family will go through the rest of their lives without you there. I'm dead serious about this one too.

The fact that you just said what you said, proves you shouldn't be driving that car...

No one plans for an accident.
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 2008-01-15, 19:14.

Comment

I bet the mom and her 3 kids in their minivan will "feeeell t3h RUSH DOODZ!" when you smash into them at 120. That's seriously the most retarded argument anyone has ever tried to make in support of breaking the law. On top of that, you're like 18. That's really not that much experience driving at all. No car is going to protect you if you spin out and slam into a wall at high speed. Then you won't give a shit about "going wiiiiiiiiiild" because you're going to be on the radio... and the steering wheel, and the dashboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X