So this can happen too:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this can happen too:

You can get a ticket for forgetting to turn your high beams down.

Hmm, well apparently you get a ticket for that, coming back from a firefighter banquet was approaching an intersection after going through a dark section of a road notorious for having deer. Was talking to my gf next to me and didn't notice they were on and when i passed the oncoming cop... i knew they were on and turned them down.

The cop turned his lights on before i even passed him, and didn't see that i had turned them off a few yards after i passed him. I stopped right away and he comes up to my window and asks after looking at my license if it was my car, then asked me if i was drinking, of course being underage i said no and blew a 0.00, got that little tube as a souvenir! he then tells me to stand in front of his car and goes over to my gf and asks her questions, the usual

Anyways he gave me $108 for failing to turn my highs down...

Plead not guilty? i certainly feel like it, your input....if any
    ***My Blog***

Ouch!!! That hurts.

Most cops I have seen will flash their high beams as a reminder, and if you dont turn them down, then they pull you over.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

That's bull!

Yeah, plead not guilty.

Comment

Yes, you get a ticket for that. Unfortunatly I don't see how you can get off with this ticket. You did pass a car, and failed to turn the high beam off, generally your supposed to have it turned off before you pass the car.

It wouldn't matter you turned it off later, its very blinding to the other driver and some people lose their sight on the road, myself included. I cannot see whatsoever when a car did not turn their high beams down to the point I have to slow WAY down and let them pass me before I can continue driving.

You can try to get out of it, but it was very blatant and obvious what you did, but good luck getting out of it.

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Oh, so you're one of the idiots that likes to blind me at night when they leave their lights on full beam!!!!

It's extremely distracting and extremely dangerous. You may not be personally affected by it but I know people including my mum and myself who virtually are blinded by full beam lights as their eyes can't adjust enough to cope with it.

You are in charge of the vehicle and being distracted by talking to your gf is no excuse. You must take responsibility for providing a safer experience for other drivers on the road which you obviously failed to do by being distracted...guilty!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
            i had turned them off a few yards after i passed him.
            Need I say more?
            Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

being distracted by talking to your gf is no excuse.
              ....not to mention the offence (in the UK anyway, don't know about the States ) of "failing to maintain adequate control of a moving motor vehicle".

I have a feeling that your ticket was issued as a "wake up" call to a young driver in an attempt to make you understand that the rules of the road are there for your protection as well as others.
              If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

If you were paying attention to your surroundings you would have noticed the oncoming car...even if it was curvy.

One of the biggest signs of drunk driving is something with the headlights. That's probably why he was suspicious and you made an infraction to allow him to pull you over.
                Tanner Johnson - Owner
                twenty53 Photography

Comment

108$ for a rubbish like that? Probably you waked up a sleeping dog.... kind of a bored policeman...? How does your girlfriend looks?
                  In Germany: you have to turn high beams down in case of:
                  oncoming traffic (including trains), when entering cities, villages and similar areas and when there is another vehicle in front of you. And if you see a deer or other animals. Must not be prosecuted at all (guess it has something to do with courtesy....).

get FRA spotting informations here:
                  www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                    If you were paying attention to your surroundings you would have noticed the oncoming car...even if it was curvy.

One of the biggest signs of drunk driving is something with the headlights. That's probably why he was suspicious and you made an infraction to allow him to pull you over.
                    Yes but as soon as the cop came up he would have seen that he is not drunk..

Yes plead not guilty this was an honest mistake.. I have done that a few times, it would have been nice to get a high beam back to tell you that your high beams were on, not a freaking ticket for making a mistake.. Thats bullshti

Comment

I noticed lately that I've been forgetting to turn the overhead light off at night after I turn it on to check stuff. It's not that bright and it's hard to tell with all the streetlights.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                        ....not to mention the offence (in the UK anyway, don't know about the States ) of "failing to maintain adequate control of a moving motor vehicle".

I have a feeling that your ticket was issued as a "wake up" call to a young driver in an attempt to make you understand that the rules of the road are there for your protection as well as others.
                        Hmmm didn't need a $108 wake up call, warning would have been enough. but yeah i'm pleading not guilty and see what the judge says the worst that can happen is that i have to pay the fine and court fees
                        ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                          Hmmm didn't need a $108 wake up call, warning would have been enough. but yeah i'm pleading not guilty and see what the judge says the worst that can happen is that i have to pay the fine and court fees
                          The cop gave you a ticket for an offence you admit having done! If you did so intentionally or not has nothing to do with it. Take my advice, pay 108 dollar. The judge would be stupid to go your way... and I can tell so only knowing your side of the story!
                          Please visit my website! http://www.schipholspotter.com/

Don't make me use uppercase...

Comment

I think he was being heavy handed. Stopping you and giving you a little lecture would have been more than sufficient. All he has to do is check your record online and if you have a clean record then a warning would be sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Petertenthije
                              The cop gave you a ticket for an offence you admit having done! If you did so intentionally or not has nothing to do with it. Take my advice, pay 108 dollar. The judge would be stupid to go your way... and I can tell so only knowing your side of the story!

I'm sure.

Anyways, yeah he was a bit heavy handed all my friends told me to fight it and just explain that I'm still a student and this will be a financial burden etc...which it will be.

Thanks for the input

/thread
                              ***My Blog***

Comment

Working...
                              X