No announcement yet.

So this can happen too:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ pretty good idea, I'm guessing you can just find places that offer them and in order to get your insurance lowered you'd send them some kind of invoice.
    ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
      I've always wanted to do my advance drivers. Is there any specific organisations you can recommend that do it?
      This site gives a good general overview...

http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/

ROSPA...Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.

I did a test with them after my ambulance course and gained a Gold award. Counts well with a lot of insurance companies.

http://www.rospa.com/drivertraining/..._tests/car.htm

Institute of Advanced Motorists...another good organisation....

http://www.iam.org.uk/

....and if anyone thinks that an advanced driving course means driving around at loony speeds....forget it !! You will NOT be exceeding ANY speed limits. It's all about safe driving designed to keep you, your passengers and other road users, including pedestrians alive.

My ambulance course included speeds of up to 130 mph...but it was a police based course aimed at emergency service personnel. It specifically included the instruction that having a Road Traffic Crash ( RTC in the trade ) while enroute to an incident could lead to far more severe penalties in a court of law than might be applied to an "average " civilian driver. For the emergency services the applicable saying is "Drive to arrive" ! That saying also applies to all other drivers.

To reinforce the point, I once had a mate who habitually drove like a nutter. He had two speeds....Stopped and flat out !
      Finally I offered him a challenge. "You drive at your normal dangerous standard, because whatever I say, you won't change, and I'll drive my way without exceeding any limits. We'll go from "here" to "there". ( A journey of about 40 miles ) The route included roughly equal areas of speed limit of 30, 40, 50 and 70 mph. I got there exactly two minutes after him having never exceeded the speed limit. He reached speeds of almost 100 mph, fired off two covert speed cameras ( 1 x 55mph in 30 mph limit and 1 x 52mph in 40 mph limit ) and accumulated fines totalling just under £200. He also escaped a driving ban by the skin of his teeth for the 55 in a 30 prosecution.

To his credit he learned a lesson, took an advanced course and is now one of the few drivers I will happily travel as a passenger with.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Just a quick question, how do you get a $108 dollar ticket? I think you should have gotten a $100 one.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
          Just a quick question, how do you get a $108 dollar ticket? I think you should have gotten a $100 one.

-Chris
          Cops love to give out tickets like that. Its common to see $48 or $143
          Last edited by Guest; 2008-01-15, 21:04.

Comment

For all of us drivers: take a look on this!

get FRA spotting informations here:
            www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by z740

-Chris
              Different states do different fees and fines.

In Illinois just speeding is 65 dollars, for every 10 miles you go over the speed limit they add another 30 bucks.

Moving violations are also a fine in itself I forgot exactly how much.

They are high for a reason, and the exact figurement in PA's case comes to 108 bucks.

Chris what does the 8 bucks make a difference in?

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
              Cops love to give out tickets like that. Its common to see $48 or $143
              Pat- Not really the cops "love" to give out the tickets. Thats just their JOB. They didn't make the rules, the state did. Cops enforce them when neccesary.

My cousin is a state cop and I have asked him are they really the nuisance some people claim them to be. He goes they are a nuisance when people get in trouble with them, in other words, why do you have to hate them for doing their job, and no one cares until THEY are the ones that have to pay and all of a sudden, the cops are "blamed".

Alex
              Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
                Chris what does the 8 bucks make a difference in?
                Nothing, I was just curious as to why it wasn't $100 even. I just thought that an extra $8 isn't going to make all that much of a difference.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                  This site gives a good general overview...

http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/

ROSPA...Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents.

I did a test with them after my ambulance course and gained a Gold award. Counts well with a lot of insurance companies.

http://www.rospa.com/drivertraining/..._tests/car.htm

Institute of Advanced Motorists...another good organisation....

http://www.iam.org.uk/

....and if anyone thinks that an advanced driving course means driving around at loony speeds....forget it !! You will NOT be exceeding ANY speed limits. It's all about safe driving designed to keep you, your passengers and other road users, including pedestrians alive.

My ambulance course included speeds of up to 130 mph...but it was a police based course aimed at emergency service personnel. It specifically included the instruction that having a Road Traffic Crash ( RTC in the trade ) while enroute to an incident could lead to far more severe penalties in a court of law than might be applied to an "average " civilian driver. For the emergency services the applicable saying is "Drive to arrive" ! That saying also applies to all other drivers.

To reinforce the point, I once had a mate who habitually drove like a nutter. He had two speeds....Stopped and flat out !
                  Finally I offered him a challenge. "You drive at your normal dangerous standard, because whatever I say, you won't change, and I'll drive my way without exceeding any limits. We'll go from "here" to "there". ( A journey of about 40 miles ) The route included roughly equal areas of speed limit of 30, 40, 50 and 70 mph. I got there exactly two minutes after him having never exceeded the speed limit. He reached speeds of almost 100 mph, fired off two covert speed cameras ( 1 x 55mph in 30 mph limit and 1 x 52mph in 40 mph limit ) and accumulated fines totalling just under £200. He also escaped a driving ban by the skin of his teeth for the 55 in a 30 prosecution.

To his credit he learned a lesson, took an advanced course and is now one of the few drivers I will happily travel as a passenger with.

Cheers mate!!!

I'm going to have a look into it.

Comment

Heres a little ticket story:

So my girlfriend gets on Muni(light rail) to go to the city for her friends Birthday party at Pier 39. She buys her ticket and gets on the train. When she gets off at the wrong stop, her ticket had fallen out of her pocket. She goes up to the counter and says her ticket fell out and asks if she can buy a new one if she needs to. The guy said "Sure", but then his manager said "No! We're going to write you up for this." They didn't care that she was crying, and that the other employees belived her and said she obviously didn't try to sneak on or she wouldn't have come to the counter. They took all her info down and told her they'd charge her for not having a ticket. And they did. $118. They also refused to let her re-board and go on to her final destination, so she had to walk 12 city blocks all alone scared on the phone with me to get to the Pier. Her and her Mother, who used to WORK for Muni, went down to Muni to fight it telling them she lost it, and they said she could go to court but no matter what happened, she didn't have a ticket and they want the revenue. And they pretty much told her at the very best, she can just hope to get a few bucks taken off. We'll see how it goes.

Is it fair to do this to an innocent 18 year old girl who never took Muni before and lost her ticket? Obviously they shouldn't have treated her this way. But the man in charge decided it was what they should do. She can fight it, but truth is she didn't have a ticket, so they CAN charge her and they WILL charge her. I'm totally on her side, but that is the reality.

Not everyone gets a warning in life.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                      Wow that's harsh.

Ironically, she had a good chance of getting away with it if she was not being so honest to report this at her own will.

Comment

Yeah too bad shes such an honest person, at least she was rewarded for it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777

My cousin is a state cop and I have asked him are they really the nuisance some people claim them to be. He goes they are a nuisance when people get in trouble with them, in other words, why do you have to hate them for doing their job, and no one cares until THEY are the ones that have to pay and all of a sudden, the cops are "blamed".

Alex
                          It is also true that a minority of the offcers are real powertrippers. For a lot of people, they became representative of all police.

Comment

Policemen (and other officials) really do a hard job. Especially when you have a type of "not-that-man-again!" client living in town, who calls the police for every little fart: wrong parking car here, a barking dog there, playing children etc. And, once called, police must come.
                            We have such a guy here: Last month he called the police, because he spotted a man sitting on a bench at a playground who was much older than officially allowed. Playground is for children up to 14 years, this man was 62 years old. Our friend called the police to the site, only to find out this man was attending his grandson age of 5.....
                            Don't worry, when policemen stopping you for "normal" things as highbeam, three different rims on a car or speeding - they only use this rare occasions to meet people they can talk to normal for a while.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                            www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla

So my girlfriend gets on Muni(light rail) to go to the city for her friends Birthday party at Pier 39. She buys her ticket and gets on the train. When she gets off at the wrong stop, her ticket had fallen out of her pocket. She goes up to the counter and says her ticket fell out and asks if she can buy a new one if she needs to. The guy said "Sure", but then his manager said "No! We're going to write you up for this." They didn't care that she was crying, and that the other employees belived her and said she obviously didn't try to sneak on or she wouldn't have come to the counter. They took all her info down and told her they'd charge her for not having a ticket. And they did. $118. They also refused to let her re-board and go on to her final destination, so she had to walk 12 city blocks all alone scared on the phone with me to get to the Pier. Her and her Mother, who used to WORK for Muni, went down to Muni to fight it telling them she lost it, and they said she could go to court but no matter what happened, she didn't have a ticket and they want the revenue. And they pretty much told her at the very best, she can just hope to get a few bucks taken off. We'll see how it goes.

Is it fair to do this to an innocent 18 year old girl who never took Muni before and lost her ticket? Obviously they shouldn't have treated her this way. But the man in charge decided it was what they should do. She can fight it, but truth is she didn't have a ticket, so they CAN charge her and they WILL charge her. I'm totally on her side, but that is the reality.

Not everyone gets a warning in life.
                              Wow, that's bull. I know this is probably the wrong attitude, but I would have told that guy off, and just walked out of there, or just told them wrong info. There is no excuse for that type of behavior on the part of that agency, and I for one wouldn't be honest with a bunch of thieves that use "legal" ways to steal. They could have just told her, we can't do that, you have to buy a new ticket, and leave it at that. But they took advantage of her, and her honesty, and unless people stand up to that kind of behavior, they will get away with more and more of it.

Comment

Yeah. I'd kick the guys ass if anything happened to her.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X