No announcement yet.

In Honor of Stupid People . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange justice: a burglar who is breaking to a house, acts illegal. Taking away things he don't own (is also illegal) and while in the garden, he steps on a forgotten rake what bumped direct into his face (that's a fair deal..???), so he never can expect a lot of money for compensation. This would be as immoral and illegal as his attempts of stealing things. Little use of common sense would help to avoid cheating justice.

get FRA spotting informations here:
    www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
      Just to let you everyone know.

The people suing in these dumb cases hardly see a penny of what they initially win. You hear about the initial rulings, but never about the appeals.

The lady that sued McDonalds because she spilled her coffee and won millions? She really only literally got $1.
      Good point. The lawyers also get 1/3 of the money and then come court fees, etc.

-Chris

Comment

As far as I'm concerned the biggest travesty of justice here in the UK concerned the farmer, Tony Martin who lived in a very secluded area. He had been a victim of crime on previous occasions. He caught a pair of burglars in his house and shot one of them dead. The dead burglar was a 16 yr old being groomed for a life of crime by his accomplice, who had a record as long as your arm.

Tony Martin, the victim remember, received a life sentence for murder, later commuted to manslaughter. He eventually served a total of three years in prison.....for defending his home and property !!

This link will tell more if you're interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Not sure about over the pond but over here you can shoot someone if they are in your house and of a threat to your well-being. One they exit your establishment you can still shoot them if they are a threat. Once they start to flee you can no linger shoot them as they are of no threat to you.

The above is to the best of my memory. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-Chris

Comment

To quote Boston Legal
            'We keep hearing about the rights of the criminals in this country [USA], what about the victims?... Lets just stand together and protect the civil liberties that make this country great."
            Sam Rudge
            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
            X