Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Chris make the decision to permanently close a forum on a whim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Chris make the decision to permanently close a forum on a whim?

I mean, it sucks that the server crashed and so many years of posts are gone....but it isn't the end of the world.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I completely agree that something doesn't add up here. I mean the server crashes, and then Chris decides a few hours later....eh, end of an era, I'll close it all down permanently. It just doesn't make much sense...you'd think you'd at least sleep on it or something.

Even if Chris had decided to close the forums permanently but then given an honest of accounting of his reasonings (whether it be money, or he was just tired of the personality conflicts over there, or whatever)...I think most would have understood. But to post a bit-to-slick message a few hours after losing the server and say basically "It just isn't worth it to restart it" just doesn't quite sit right.

I think at a minimum a true representation of what went into his decision would go along way in healing hurt feelings. But I suspect Chris just doesn't care.

Read my posts...we DON'T PAY FOR IT. It's FREE. He can do whatever he wants. If the creators of FACEBOOK want to shut it down...they are free to do so...

Welcome to America....where you are free to do what you want with your money and resources....
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
      If the creators of FACEBOOK want to shut it down...they are free to do so...
      I can't wait!

Comment

DrillMyHamster?

TheAlpaca is accounted for!

(JP-ers: you better hide your midgets.)
        the friendly way
        to fly

JETPHOTOS.NET

Comment

Oh, I don't disagree with you.

But...I think many feel a bit disrespected in that the "goodbye" message didn't really seem to offer an honest explanation as to why he was closing down the forum.

If it was a money issue, I'm sure many would have contributed (as you yourself indicated in your other post) to keep the community and forum going.

Comment

Originally posted by DrillMyHamster
            How does Chris make the decision to permanently close a forum on a whim?
            Easily.

I have enough on my plate without trying to rebuild that forum from scratch. Will I miss it? Absolutely, but it's not the end of the world.

P.S. It wasn't a money issue.
            Trump is an idiot!
            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billy
              DrillMyHamster?

I don't know -- check the initials. Does anyone know if David Hilditch's middle name starts with 'M'?

Comment

Originally posted by DrillMyHamster
                ***snip***
                Welcome back, Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Bottle
                  I don't know -- check the initials. Does anyone know if David Hilditch's middle name starts with 'M'?
                  Hahaha... Only if the spelling mistakes are deliberate would that be David Hilditch. I believe it's Mirriam-Webster, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Verbal
                    Welcome back, Ed.
                    Ooh, good one. The tell-tale 'eh', was it?

Comment

I imagine Hilditch is presently somewhere in a corner, drinking himself out of his mind. I mean, 23,000 posts down the drain, must be quite a personal crisis!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
                        drinking himself out of his mind.
                        Well, then, by all means he should sign up and share his thoughts. We all know that many of his better posts are made with a half bottle of wine in him.

Comment

Well, then, by all means he should sign up and share his thoughts. We all know that many of his better posts are made with a half bottle of wine in him.
                          edit: Never mind I'm not going to say it.
                          ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

He probably can't even make it to a computer, what with the intoxication and severe demoralizing depression.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy
                              DrillMyHamster?

WTF !!??

ROTFLMAO

Good stuff !!

Comment

Working...
                              X