Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Chris make the decision to permanently close a forum on a whim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam
    replied
    Read my posts...we DON'T PAY FOR IT. It's FREE. He can do whatever he wants. If the creators of FACEBOOK want to shut it down...they are free to do so...

Welcome to America....where you are free to do what you want with your money and resources....

Leave a comment:

• How does Chris make the decision to permanently close a forum on a whim?

I mean, it sucks that the server crashed and so many years of posts are gone....but it isn't the end of the world.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I completely agree that something doesn't add up here. I mean the server crashes, and then Chris decides a few hours later....eh, end of an era, I'll close it all down permanently. It just doesn't make much sense...you'd think you'd at least sleep on it or something.

Even if Chris had decided to close the forums permanently but then given an honest of accounting of his reasonings (whether it be money, or he was just tired of the personality conflicts over there, or whatever)...I think most would have understood. But to post a bit-to-slick message a few hours after losing the server and say basically "It just isn't worth it to restart it" just doesn't quite sit right.

I think at a minimum a true representation of what went into his decision would go along way in healing hurt feelings. But I suspect Chris just doesn't care.
Working...
X