What IS Coffin Corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What IS Coffin Corner

Ok, I think we'd certainly all agree that something goes critical and then you break up and die.

But, in the realm of details- was it:

(I recognize that this has been hinted at in other threads, but it really deserves a stand-alone thread to catalog all the possiblities)

No recent air incidents followed by a sudden increase in traffic due to BA going mudding in a 777?

The threadmill (or computer disks) approaching a velocity of infinity and breaking up (or maybe the airplane actually took flight?

The realization that EU pilots are not as good as American pilots?

Melissa reading ITS' comments about female pilots?

Realizing that Obsessivecompulisive Passenger is here, not there?

The sheer laughter at the definitions of coffin corner?

The server managed by puppy mill IT Technicians?

The IT technicians got food poisoning and some dummies who play IT Technitionsim tried to save the day?

AviationFascination posting two wide open questions in the same hour?

A missle and a massive cover up?

Cheap composite hard disks?

AD.com actually merged with JetPhotos and became one huge turd?

Please cast your vote and add items I may have over looked.

PS- It is so cool to see everyone as a "Junior Member"
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Originally posted by 3WE
    Ok, I think we'd certainly all agree that something goes critical and then you break up and die.

But, in the realm of details- was it:

(I recognize that this has been hinted at in other threads, but it really deserves a stand-alone thread to catalog all the possiblities)

No recent air incidents followed by a sudden increase in traffic due to BA going mudding in a 777?

The threadmill (or computer disks) approaching a velocity of infinity and breaking up (or maybe the airplane actually took flight?

The realization that EU pilots are not as good as American pilots?

Melissa reading ITS' comments about female pilots?

Realizing that Obsessivecompulisive Passenger is here, not there?

The sheer laughter at the definitions of coffin corner?

The server managed by puppy mill IT Technicians?

The IT technicians got food poisoning and some dummies who play IT Technitionsim tried to save the day?

AviationFascination posting two wide open questions in the same hour?

A missle and a massive cover up?

Cheap composite hard disks?

AD.com actually merged with JetPhotos and became one huge turd?

Please cast your vote and add items I may have over looked.

PS- It is so cool to see everyone as a "Junior Member"
    My friend, you need a good editor.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Bottle
      My friend, you need a good editor.
      For shissle, my missle.

Comment

Halfie:

The secret to the best writing is to write it down, sit on it and review it several days later.

Sadly, that is not available to the split second world of aviation fora.

Also, aviation is complex, while the rules of writing constrict ones freedom to weave thoughts. Flying is full of numerous woven, non-linear interactions (Just ask Gabe). Writing is a very linear categorical exercise.

I greatly apprecaite your ongoing advice and recognize that writing is not my forte. I shall do my best to write more limited, organized newspaper style thought-bytes.

However, sadly, I will ocassionally be caught up in the moment and the many angles and sometimes obtuse one-liners that can be interjected.

By the way- good luck with your new Avatar- that seems to be going well.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
          Halfie:

The secret to the best writing is to wait and review the original composition several days later. Sadly, that is not available in the split-second world of aviation fora. We write about aviation here and while flying is laden with woven, non-linear interactions (just ask Gabe), writing is a very linear exercise.

I greatly apprecaite your ongoing advice and recognize that writing is not my forte. I shall do my best to write in a more organized manner, however, I will ocassionally be caught up in the moment and my verbal diarrhea will return.

By the way - good luck with your new avatar - that seems to be going well.
          I don't necessarily agree with the above, but took the liberty of doing a one-minute edit (rather than waiting for days).

You know I love you, 3WE. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Outstanding edits!

It's always good working with you.

Now, please, contribute to the concept of this thread, you dangerous attention whore!

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
              Outstanding edits!

It's always good working with you.

Now, please, contribute to the concept of this thread, you dangerous attention whore!
              Actually, I've ceded coffin corner humor to Billy. He is the master.

Comment

Coffin Corner's can be located at your local mortuary. Pick the ones you want.

Lets leave that discussion back at ADC. I came very close to locking the thread!
                Don
                Standard practice for managers around the world:
                Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
                  Lets leave that discussion back at ADC. I came very close to locking the thread!
                  A thread that continues despite the warnings of moderators is commonly referred to as "Threading the Coffin".

ps. HB--a compliment like that from you means I can go home now and enjoy my 3 day weekend.
                  the friendly way
                  to fly

JETPHOTOS.NET

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore
                    Coffin Corner's can be located at your local mortuary. Pick the ones you want.

You have no power here, Don. No amount of whinin' or coffin will stop the momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Bottle
                      You have no power here, Don. No amount of whinin' or coffin will stop the momentum.
                      coffin won't stop the momentum, but some

might stop the coffin.

ooh. that was bad. sorry.
                      the friendly way
                      to fly

JETPHOTOS.NET

Comment

Working...
                      X