No announcement yet.

Global Warming - Let's just find another planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well look at it this way...the stuff coming out of our tailpipes can't possibly good for us...

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
      I think Global Warming is bull$hit. I don't mind the climite getting warmer... time to get more that only three months of my fav season - summer.
      If you think global 'warming' means that it is just getting warmer everywhere you're on the wrong track mate.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

Global warming is happening.
        Man is affecting the warming trend.
        To what effect?
        Unknown and open to debate.
        Should "WE" do something about it?
        Too the extent we can, yes.
        Should "WE" begin preparing for the end result now or wait until its too late?
        The argument that MAN is causing global warming and MAN can stop it is pure BS.

"WE" should be preparing for the increased temperatures the earth will experience over the next decades / centuries instead of simply wring our hands and moaning.
        Don
        Standard practice for managers around the world:
        Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
          Well look at it this way...the stuff coming out of our tailpipes can't possibly good for us...
          Espescially after Enchilada night.
          May a plethora of uncultivated palaeontologists raise the dead in a way that makes your blood boil

Comment

Amen to Don. Adaptation is the key to survival for many things.

On the other hand...I personally love summer!

It's just that I like to eat and breathe, too.
            Ad Astera
            "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Who knows if global warming is being caused by us or not, or hell, who knows if it's even real. But would it hurt anything to atleast try to pollute less, even if just for the sake of not needlessly sucking down rescources? Be honest, who really needs a Hummer H2 (which gets around 1 MPG realistically) or a giant Escalade when they hardly ever haul anyone around. Unless you're the president or something, there's not really any reason to drive something like that around the city all the time. How many people that buy a huge Ram or Silverado actually haul anything? I'm not saying that some people don't need those trucks, but there's plenty of people that really don't.
              And with office buildings. So many office buildings leave their lights on 24/7. Is that really necessary?
              What's the worst that could come from exercizing a little conservation here? We end up paying less for oil and aren't so damn dependant on oil from the Middle East, or don't have to go drilling through Alaska to get more of it? High oil prices are hurting airlines and aspiring airline pilots the most, so we should care about this. Sadly I don't think enough people see it that way because too many people feel they're entitled to their bigass 900 HP H2 that can't accelerate past 80 and really isn't as tough as it looks. Speaking of which, I've never seen a Hummer with mud on it. Why do people buy these giant offroad vehicles and never take them off road. It drives me crazy to see a pristine Jeep. At least the dirty ones are being used for what they were made for.
              Alright. Rant over.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Leia
                Espescially after Enchilada night.
                Supposedly cows farting emits greenhouse gases...

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                  Supposedly cows farting emits greenhouse gases...
                  I volunteer you to be the one to go test that. Here's a funnel!
                  May a plethora of uncultivated palaeontologists raise the dead in a way that makes your blood boil

Comment

Darn it. I'll have to give up my daily hummus if organic gas emission is a problem.
                    Ad Astera
                    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by philip
                      If you think global 'warming' means that it is just getting warmer everywhere you're on the wrong track mate.
                      I know it doesn't but a long as I don't feel he physical change I can't care less about icebergs melting etc...

Comment

You're showing that you're pretty ignorant about the whole issue. It doesn't just mean "Oh. No more icebergs in 20 years. Oh well." It can affect things like food growth in certain places. In places where that's already an issue it can be disastrous. Look at what happened in Niger a couple years ago. But most people's attitude is that if it doesn't affect them, they don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Leia
                          I volunteer you to be the one to go test that. Here's a funnel!
                          I said supposedly. That may just be PETA rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                            You're showing that you're pretty ignorant about the whole issue. It doesn't just mean "Oh. No more icebergs in 20 years. Oh well." It can affect things like food growth in certain places. In places where that's already an issue it can be disastrous. Look at what happened in Niger a couple years ago. But most people's attitude is that if it doesn't affect them, they don't care.
                            Or even worse, look what happened in Zimbabwe a few years ago till today.

Food production will always be hit hardest by politics.

Comment

To show my displeasure with the carbon wasters, I switched to a wooden bowling ball. Now the tree huggers hate me.

Comment

None of the adults alive today will be greatly affected by global warming. You might want to give some thought too your children and grandchildren.

Low laying countries will be affected starting in 20 years or so as sea levels rise noticeably. Weather changes may turn traditionally dry areas wetter and wet areas dryer.

Changes made today may slow the inevitable but it is not likely to change the eventual outcome. Planing for the events to come can prevent total disaster. Ignoring then will lead to it.
                                Don
                                Standard practice for managers around the world:
                                Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Working...
                                X