Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makeshift politics forum: And the winner is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makeshift politics forum: And the winner is...

Hillary!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7197484.stm
    Asylum seeker
    AD.com refugee since 18/01/2008

Democrats
    Hillary 2 - Barack 1
    Republicans
    Huckabee 1 - Romney 1 - McCain 1

Verdict : expect to see the Independant again, this time with a real and serious player named Michael Blomberg
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by ~InsertNameHere~
      God help America.

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
        Democrats
        Hillary 2 - Barack 1
        Republicans

Verdict : expect to see the Independant again, this time with a real and serious player named Michael Blomberg
        A suprisingly strong showing from Ron Paul too.

Before today, he's gotten 30,000 more votes total than either Giuliani or Thompson.
        May a plethora of uncultivated palaeontologists raise the dead in a way that makes your blood boil

Comment

I really don't see what people like about the Hildabeast. She strikes me as a conceited bitch who believes she is entitled to the presidency, and believes she is just all in all better than everyone else. Then she cries when things don't go her way. Pathetic.

And Obama, he basically showed up out of no where, and the media made him their poster boy, and I guess if Oprah supports him, he will certainly make a good president

As far as I'm concerned Ron Paul is the only one who would make a good president out of all of them, but of course he only gets a few votes, although there is quite a bit of support for him on the internet. But since the media pretty much ignores him, and most people just go along with what they see in the media, he doesn't get votes. Even though he calls out the real issues such as the huge debt to China of all places, and how we don't have the money or resources to play policeman for the world.

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
            Democrats
            Hillary 2 - Barack 1
            Republicans

Actually, that would be Huckabee 1 - Romney 3 - McCain 1. Just for the record.

And, if you really want to split hairs, Hillary has 3, too, but since Michigan was stripped of its delegates and Obama and Edwards weren't even on the ballot, it didn't really count for much.

Comment

Now McCain has won South Carolina as well. So, he has won two states to three for Romney and one for Huckabee. No question, though McCain has the big mo' since New Hampshire and South Carolina were much more 'visible' wins (few seem to remember that Romney won Wyoming right after Huckabee won Iowa).

Interesting result for the dems in Nevada with Clinton winning the plurality of the caucus votes, but Obama has captured more of Nevada's delegates.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                As far as I'm concerned Ron Paul is the only one who would make a good president out of all of them, but of course he only gets a few votes, although there is quite a bit of support for him on the internet. But since the media pretty much ignores him, and most people just go along with what they see in the media, he doesn't get votes. Even though he calls out the real issues such as the huge debt to China of all places, and how we don't have the money or resources to play policeman for the world.
                You know, if I had the chance, I would no doubt vote for RP as well. Granted, I don't agree with him on all points, but by far on the majority of them. It's quite a shame he doesn't stand a chance, as I right now, from an outsider's perspective, none of the top candidates really look all that promising. Let's see:
                -Hilary: Evil B!tch that is only the race for the Dems anymore because she started crying like a baby
                -Obama: Would win any popularity vote, but doesn't have even remotely enough experience to lead the US
                -Edwards: Didn't he already come up short in the Dem's candidate race for the last 12 years?
                -Huckabee: Yeee-haaaw! 'Nuff said
                -Romney: Mormon, but at least somewhat acceptable
                -McCain: Way too much of a hardliner for my taste
                -Giuliani: Vote him and kiss personal rights good-bye
                -Thompson: Who?

Comment

What about Charles Cook?
                  Space intentionally left blank

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                    I really don't see what people like about the Hildabeast. She strikes me as a conceited bitch who believes she is entitled to the presidency, and believes she is just all in all better than everyone else. Then she cries when things don't go her way. Pathetic.

And Obama, he basically showed up out of no where, and the media made him their poster boy, and I guess if Oprah supports him, he will certainly make a good president

Concur.
                    ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      -Thompson: Who?
                      This guy:

• I would do essentially what the president's doing in Iraq. (Jun 2007)
                      • Take any chance to not get run out of Iraq. (Jun 2007)
                      • Internationalizing war effort will not win the war. (Jun 2007)
                      • President must decide on war based on unclear evidence. (Jun 2007)
                      • WTF? The president does not have the authority to declare war.
                      • Prophets of doom are wrong--we can't cut-and-run. (Jun 2007)
                      • Goal of Iraqi enemies is to demoralize us. (Jun 2007)
                      • Serious & painful international sanctions on nuclear Iran. (Jun 2007)
                      • Voted YES on authorizing use of military force against Iraq. (Oct 2002)
                      • Voted YES on allowing all necessary force in Kosovo. (May 1999)
                      • Voted NO on authorizing air strikes in Kosovo. (Mar 1999)
                      • Voted YES on ending the Bosnian arms embargo. (Jul 1995)
                      • Condemns anti-Muslim bigotry in name of anti-terrorism. (Oct 2001)
                      • Move the US Embassy to Jerusalem. (Nov 1995)
                      • Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
                      • Voted NO on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
                      • Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
                      • Voted NO on setting aside 10% of highway funds for minorities & women. (Mar 199
                      • Voted NO on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business. (Oct 1997)
                      • Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
                      • Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
                      • Voted YES on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
                      • Voted NO on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds. (Jul 1995)
                      • Voted YES on enlarging NATO to include Eastern Europe. (May 2002)
                      • Voted NO on killing a bill for trade sanctions if China sells weapons. (Sep 2000)
                      • Voted YES on cap foreign aid at only $12.7 billion. (Oct 1999)
                      • Voted YES on limiting the President's power to impose economic sanctions. (Jul 199
                      • Voted NO on limiting NATO expansion to only Poland, Hungary & Czech. (Apr 199
                      • Voted NO on $17.9 billion to IMF. (Mar 199
                      • Voted YES on Strengthening of the trade embargo against Cuba. (Mar 1996)
                      • Voted YES on granting normal trade relations status to Vietnam. (Oct 2001)
                      • Voted YES on permanent normal trade relations with China. (Sep 2000)
                      • Voted NO on banning more types of Congressional gifts. (Jul 1995)
                      • Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
                      • Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
                      • Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
                      • I thoroughly exercise my second amendment right, but I don't see any harm in having background checks. And why wouldn't you want increased punishment for gun and drug violations? This week there was some liberal arts kid arrested for having something like 10 pounds of marijuana, several thousand cash dollars, AND a loaded AK-47 in his apartment. What was he planning to do with the gun?
                      ADC Refugee

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1711
                        I thoroughly exercise my second amendment right, but I don't see any harm in having background checks. And why wouldn't you want increased punishment for gun and drug violations? This week there was some liberal arts kid arrested for having something like 10 pounds of marijuana, several thousand cash dollars, AND a loaded AK-47 in his apartment. What was he planning to do with the gun?
                        How do you "thoroughly exercise my second amendment right"? Do you carry concealed ? Do you open carry ? Do you carry to school ?

So what if he had a loaded AK-47 in his apartment, I have a loaded Sig-232 / Sig 2022 / Sig 220-Combat, and a Sig 556 AR in my home. What do you think I am planning to do ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1711
                          why wouldn't you want increased punishment for gun and drug violations? This week there was some liberal arts kid arrested for having something like 10 pounds of marijuana, several thousand cash dollars, AND a loaded AK-47 in his apartment. What was he planning to do with the gun?
                          I disagree - putting people in prison for drugs is a waste of time and money. if they're caught with drugs then they're not hurting anyone else - unless they're an addict, in which case put them in treatment, not prison.

dealing is a different kettle of fish, but i still think that the best course of action is to confiscate the "proceeds of crime" (money/property etc) and give a shortish prison sentences. hugely lengthy prison sentences like the US is fond of just don't do anyone any good.

as for guns - well ya brought that one on yourselves. put them in prison if you like, but people will keep shooting each other.
                          Asylum seeker
                          AD.com refugee since 18/01/2008

Comment

Originally posted by NavyChief
                            How do you "thoroughly exercise my second amendment right"? Do you carry concealed ? Do you open carry ? Do you carry to school ?

So what if he had a loaded AK-47 in his apartment, I have a loaded Sig-232 / Sig 2022 / Sig 220-Combat, and a Sig 556 AR in my home. What do you think I am planning to do ?
                            Well I'm assuming you're not peddling illegal drugs, so that law wouldn't affect you now, would it? But if you're a cop raiding some dealer's apartment and he opens up on you with an AR, aren't you going to be a little upset?

I shoot often and have a little bit of an arsenal back home. 14 or 15 long guns plus 4 handguns at last count. I'll probably get my concealed carry license this summer when I have time, though I might have to put it off another year if I get an internship this summer. My neighbor has a nice Glock 9mm she carries, but I'm thinking a Colt 1911 might be cool. I've never fired one, though, so I'll have to see how I like them. My roommates getting one soon, so I'll see if I can get out to the range with him sometime.
                            ADC Refugee

Comment

Originally posted by ~InsertNameHere~
                              I disagree - putting people in prison for drugs is a waste of time and money. if they're caught with drugs then they're not hurting anyone else - unless they're an addict, in which case put them in treatment, not prison.

dealing is a different kettle of fish, but i still think that the best course of action is to confiscate the "proceeds of crime" (money/property etc) and give a shortish prison sentences. hugely lengthy prison sentences like the US is fond of just don't do anyone any good.

as for guns - well ya brought that one on yourselves. put them in prison if you like, but people will keep shooting each other.
                              10 pounds and a ton of cash lying around makes me think he's more than a user. And I wouldn't be against something like they have in the UK--no real punishment for using, just let the cops go after the dealers.

And I read it as "Gun AND Drug laws" Not "Gun laws" and "Drug laws". Hence the story about the student/dealer.
                              ADC Refugee

Comment

Working...
                              X