Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook screw up any one experiencing it too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by JordanD
    It just seems like a lot of them have come over without making any real effort to get to know any of the regulars who have been here for a few years, they just set up shop.
    I think that impression is easily explained: The OT forum at AD.com was a very lively place, and the rate of posting done by the refugees at the JP.net OT forum is in no way unusual by AD.com standards. We're just a pretty chatty crowd, but by all means do join in! We'll all get to know each other in time, as soon as we see a few more of the jp.net regulars post.

Seems to me there are already a few familiar faces among the "non-refugees"; that's great!

It's certainly true about the age thing; anyone below 40 rank as one of the "kids" among the AD.com crowd, and anyone with less than 4 - 5 years as a member was a newcomer... Me included...

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    What the hell it's already been hijacked..
    I'll be honest it feels like jp has been sort of "overrun" and we're getting sort of pushed out. On the other hand this place was so dead that I don't see how it's really too much of a bad thing. I just think the age differences are showing here. Aren't a lot of the AD guys older? While most of the regulars here at jp are younger guys. I guess that could account of some of the awkwardness.
    It just seems like a lot of them have come over without making any real effort to get to know any of the regulars who have been here for a few years, they just set up shop.

Leave a comment:

• el
    replied
    Originally posted by ~InsertNameHere~
    and suddenly I see who had an ulterior motive...
    Yep. I'll be going home now, stand in the corner and shed some tears.

Leave a comment:

• ~InsertNameHere~
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Bottle
    Speak for yourself. One of the last posts made before the crash was el pointing out how much trouble I'd be in if my wife ever found ad.com.
    and suddenly I see who had an ulterior motive...

Leave a comment:

• el
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Bottle
    Speak for yourself. One of the last posts made before the crash was el pointing out how much trouble I'd be in if my wife ever found ad.com.
    So, now you're the second one to put the blame on me.

First, my avatar sheds her clothes and now Mrs. Half Bottle.

Mea culpa.

Leave a comment:

• z740
    replied
    Originally posted by Flying Bear
    Anyway, is this thread succesfully hijacked yet?

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• z740
    replied
    I agree with Pat on this one. Though I've only been a member for a few months I've been reading this forum for well over 3 years. It's a bit of a shock to have hundreds of new members that all know each other join in a few days time. And to have our lovely OTF bombarded with 100 of thread that we don't understand is a whole other story.

-Chris

Leave a comment:

• Flying Bear
    replied
    Originally posted by pkonowrocki
    We had out jokes, you had yours.
    Good point, so just to make that abundantly clear: My post above was of course only meant to make some lighthearted fun of the AD.com refugee crowd, permeating the JP.net forum...

After all, we've only been here a couple of days, so of course it's all new... Honestly, I think this could turn out to be just great, for both forums. Of course there's a slight cultural clash at the moment, AD.com and JP.net having evolved separately for some time and suddenly merging, but that will soon pass!

Anyway, is this thread succesfully hijacked yet?

Leave a comment:

• Half Bottle
    replied
    Originally posted by ~InsertNameHere~
    We're not gonna be able to get that back, and a lot of us are sad about that (and are thus lamenting it!), .

Leave a comment:

• pkonowrocki
    Guest replied
    Alright I know what you guys mean. I was just saying it's a bit of a shock having so many new members at once. But its ok. I guess it's just a matter of time to get to know each other well and have fun

Leave a comment:

• ~InsertNameHere~
    replied
    I don't have the sense of humour that you guys do. Which is probably why I don't find your jokes funny. We had out jokes, you had yours. You came here and flooded us with hundreds of your ad threads, killing our joke threads. It really isn't funny to visit jp.net to find 30 new threads in the OTF, yet you don't understand the point of any of them...
    Not to sound mean, just my opinion as a 'original' jp.neter
    I do see your point of view, and it must suck to have your forum suddenly taken over, but it will settle down.

I see you've made a lot of posts and have been here since '05, so I guess you'd probably be sad if it suddenly stopped existing. There was a strong community at AD and some of the guys had been posting for 8 or more years - so obviously people are going to feel its loss. Heck, I'd only been there a few years and rarely posted, and I feel really sad that it's not there for me to flick through all the stories and pics of the past. We're not gonna be able to get that back, and a lot of us are sad about that (and are thus lamenting it!), but right now the best we can do is find our friends and rebuild a community, and that's what we're doing. I'm sorry that our community has landed on top of your community, but this is where Chris K sent us.

Leave a comment:

• el
    replied
    I don't have the sense of humour that you guys do. Which is probably why I don't find your jokes funny. We had out jokes, you had yours. You came here and flooded us with hundreds of your ad threads, killing our joke threads. It really isn't funny to visit jp.net to find 30 new threads in the OTF, yet you don't understand the point of any of them...
    Fair enough. I find you guys have taken it quite well anyway. I wouldn't have found it funny if it had worked the other way round. I would have been slightly annoyed to say the least. I am sure this will sort itself out once we refugees know the originals and get to know their sense of humour and vice versa.

Just bear with us.

Leave a comment:

• avro_arrow_25206
    replied
    Unfortunately... this gets really booring and even annoying... where did the old jp.net go ? I miss the old fun in the OTF
    Haven't you noticed the OTF pretty much dead in the past few weeks?

Something is always better than nothing at all... at least for now.

Leave a comment:

• pkonowrocki
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by el
    Why don't you give it a go then? Maybe the refugees could laugh about it as well?

Leave a comment:

• el
    replied
    Unfortunately... this gets really booring and even annoying... where did the old jp.net go ? I miss the old fun in the OTF
    Why don't you give it a go then? Maybe the refugees could laugh about it as well?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X