Seen on a Norwegian Buffet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pipe
    Never had a Troll, but was thinking of it when I wrote "disaster".
    Not sure anyone actually owned a Troll.
    Per

Comment

Found your old password, Per?
      Good to see you back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Gallivant
        Found your old password, Per?
        Good to see you back.
        Indeed I did. Now arguing with my other self under which to operate. No fan of multiple personalites so I have to choose one. Heated discussion at present, outcome not clear, Viking agressive...............
        Per II
        Ancient Mariner
        Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

Per I & Per II - not sure if I can cope with that.
          warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Originally posted by el
            Per I & Per II - not sure if I can cope with that.
            Neither am I. That Per I is much younger than me, fitter and stronger as well and damned agressive too. I'm planning to get him wobbly on Akkevitt this Friday night and push him down the steep side of Mount Gaustatoppen on a pair of wooden planks. That should take care of him.
            Per II
            Ancient Mariner

Comment

Trolling on about Trolls

Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine
              Ah, yes. The Troll. One man's dream that, alas came to naught. Fibreglass bodied and I believe with a two cylinder, two-stroke from DKW. They wanted SAAB engines, but they were too dear. Design cues from Porsche, Panhard and the Gullwing amongst others. I din't even know they were able to manfacture three of them. Where did you find this picture? Never seen it before, thanks!
              Per
              At some point the Troll appeared in a discussion on the old forum, and that picture wound up in my "Interesting AD.com Picture" bucket.
              As an afficiando of all things mechanical, I took interest.

I don't know if el (or someone else) posted the original pic or if I googled it.

http://home.online.no/~bjarnli/troll/index.html

Mayhaps the source will chime in???

Sparky

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                At some point the Troll appeared in a discussion on the old forum, and that picture wound up in my "Interesting AD.com Picture" bucket.

I don't know if el (or someone else) posted the original pic or if I googled it.

Sparky
                Can't remember either, but it's a fascinating story of a poor post-WWII country trying to get back on its feet and real political issues like trade between Norway and former east bloc cluntries. The Troll was in reality killed by our goverment.
                Per
                Ancient Mariner

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky

Sparky
                  I did post some pictures of the Troll on AD incluiding a sales brochure and a brief history on the car. I can't recall that specific one. I usually delete the stuff from my PC after posting. So, I have nothing left of whatever pics I posted on AD.

Comment

Originally posted by el
                    I did post some pictures of the Troll on AD incluiding a sales brochure and a brief history on the car. I can't recall that specific one. I usually delete the stuff from my PC after posting. So, I have nothing left of whatever pics I posted on AD.
                    Yeah, I'll bet you're emptying your image cache pretty regularly, El. Certainly before Mrs El borrows the computer...

Comment

Originally posted by tds
                      Yeah, I'll bet you're emptying your image cache pretty regularly, El. Certainly before Mrs El borrows the computer...
                      You got it. We don't want stupid questions at home, do we?

Comment

Working...
                      X