• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Bottle
    replied
    Originally posted by Joey
    every woman breathing in this country will vote for her
    Joey, Joey, Joey. You don't know very much about women, do you?

Originally posted by Schorsch
    BTW: Did George W. Bush register to this forum? I miss the Presidential Q&A.
    I have it on good authority that he is considering his options, along with some other political figures, but may be waiting for a time when the forum needs a boost.

Leave a comment:

• HalcyonDays
    replied
    Originally posted by Pipe
    Donīt the Chinese own already half the US?
    To add to what Schorsch said, in fact the Chinese "investment" in the US is a double-edged sword for them. The last thing the Chinese would want is a major economic collapse in the US. As well as wanting to protect the dollar value of their investments, they want the ability to continue to sell all that cheap crap with lead paint into the US if only to keep the hundreds of millions of people in China employed, else they could face a social revolution there.

Leave a comment:

• Pipe
    replied
    Originally posted by Sabre
    Sorry, Pipe. It's just not possible, the life expectancy of a goat is far short of the constitutional mandate of at least thirty-five years of age. Are there any other barnyard animals you fancy ?
    Monkeys!

YES, monkeys ................ how long do they live?

Leave a comment:

• Sabre
    replied
    Iīd currently favor a three-legged goat in the Oral Office rather than the present idiot.
    Sorry, Pipe. It's just not possible, the life expectancy of a goat is far short of the constitutional mandate of at least thirty-five years of age. Are there any other barnyard animals you fancy ?

Leave a comment:

• Schorsch
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad1711
    Can't you see that Hillary just says whatever she can to get another vote? And it's scary when people vote by party (aka Straight Ticket). You should vote for the person YOU believe in... Not for the person some distant faceless political party says you should vote for. And why does gender, ethnicity, religion, orientation, background, etc. matter? Your body doesn't define you; your thoughts and actions do. The most important characterists of a politician are the person's beliefs, principles, and historical activity (voting/officiating record, job/military experience, whatever). And these three things should be in agreement with each other. You definitely do NOT want a politician who will be easily influenced by the Party. My problem with Hillary is it's impossible to know her beliefs (she is a woman of 20 faces), her principles are undefined, and her voting record is all over the place.
    Also see the advantage: while people like Bush have an agenda (religion ...), Clinton is flexible and may after a while decide what she really wants to accomplish. The next president is limited in his ability to "change" the3 country and give new "hope" by majorities in Senat and Congress and predominantly the budget, which is out of shape now and will look worse. Too much promises only lead to a weak President, a nasty one-termer.
    Iraq must be continueed for another 2 to 4 years. GWB had the unique opportunity that he started with a healthy budget, a favor he is not giving to his successor (is it a general rule that Bush family members wreck the budget?).

Leave a comment:

• Schorsch
    replied
    The Chinese own a seizable amount of USA bond dept. These bonds are issued by the federal government, which does not own its country. So, the Chinese may have quite a lot of US bond debt, but they do not own the USA.

Germany also has quite a lot of USA bonds.

BTW: China lost round-about one quarter of its foreign currency reserves in the last 12 month due to decay of the USD. That is equal to 50 million Chinese working their entire life for free. Always bad to store your money in a currency that is controlled (solely) by your strategic rival.

Leave a comment:

• Pipe
    replied
    Originally posted by HalcyonDays
    If Paul thinks abolishing the Federal Reserve and returning to the gold standard is a solution, he must be even more deluded than I once thought. That would be a route to an economic downturn probably worse than the 1930s Depression. He's out of his mind. It's interesting that Paul garners much of his support from young men between 18 and 30, which perhaps explains much of the interest in him across the long grass of the internet.

Leave a comment:

• HalcyonDays
    replied
    Originally posted by tds
    Sure - you like Ron Paul's policy proposals. I happen not to, in the main. Incidentally, it is his views on the Fed and the Gold Standard that I was referring to, not his general low-tax/low-spend attitude (which is also controversial but shared by many Republicans).
    If Paul thinks abolishing the Federal Reserve and returning to the gold standard is a solution, he must be even more deluded than I once thought. That would be a route to an economic downturn probably worse than the 1930s Depression. He's out of his mind. It's interesting that Paul garners much of his support from young men between 18 and 30, which perhaps explains much of the interest in him across the long grass of the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Pipe
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealAncientMarine
    You don't.
    Per
    Well .......... actually .................no. And Iīm very happy I got this off my chest.

As for the listed candidates, well, I canīt really opinate because I didnīt follow closely that pre-election circus.

But I fully trust in the political aptitude of the american electorate. Iīm sure theyīll vote for the best.

BBBMMMMMWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...

Leave a comment:

• exmanx
    replied
    As a non-American, non-political Englishman, I think you should suffer another 8 years of a Clinton. This time a real woman instead of a womaniser. I'm sure she'll see you all behave and return to the paths of righteousness and stop trying to dominate the world. Allowing the Brits to go back to having an Empire and saying "Boo!" to Europe.

She'll also probably wind you all up so much you'll want to be part of the New British Empire!

Andy

Leave a comment:

• TheRealAncientMarine
    replied
    Errrrmmm ................... did I mention I donīt like G. W. Bush?
    You don't.
    Per

Leave a comment:

• Pipe
    replied
    Errrrmmm ................... did I mention I donīt like G. W. Bush?

Leave a comment:

• TheRealAncientMarine
    replied
    Iīd currently favor a three-legged goat in the Oral Office rather than the present idiot.
    Pipe, please stay on topic. Three-legged goats are not an option in this poll. Don't give us AD.comers a bad name here when the natives are trying to discuss serious stuff.
    Per

Leave a comment:

• Pipe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• seahawk
    replied
    I like Ron Paul, but on the other hand his idea of gold based currency is a bit scary, if you consider that Russia and China naturally posses much more Gold and I seriuosly doubt how much of the forgein political idea he has a practical. Leaving the UN, WTO etc. might be a nice idea, but not so nice to the international selling US firms.

With Billary one knows what one will get, more of the Clinton years. Now I would not consider that a perfect option, but the safest bet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X