Oh! Canada.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh! Canada.

When it comes to public service announcents, you Canucks don't screw around:

(Warning: safe for work/school, but some may find it disturbing)

There's more where that came from:
    Apparently someone compiled 5 WSIB Ontario TV spots into one file on Youtube

Comment

That should get your attention all right!

Comment

Powerful stuff!

HB, I'm waiting for a collaborative script for the "Aircraft company" Ad that this series is missing.
        Signature removed by admins.

Comment

Damn, did ya'll see that welder fly like a fried chicken ?

That kitchen grease thing is over-exaggerated, I work in a Restaurant kitchen, have burnt myself numerous times, and that boiling oil doesn't fuck up your skin that fast. In fact, if they wanted that accident commercial to be more real, they should have waited a couple of seconds, if not a whole minute or two.. before showing her face "skin-disorder". lol Btw, no matter if there's grease on the floor, a special layer on the floor should have prevented it, but it requires that the cook wears some non-slippery shoes though.
          Last edited by MaxPower; 2008-01-23, 22:50.
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

I see what they are getting at....try and prevent a workplace accident before they happen.
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

That last dude looks like Michael Douglas.

Comment

There was a lot of controversy over the fact they were so graphic, however having been in an industrial accident when I was 19 I think they are excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf
                  That last dude looks like Michael Douglas.
                  Douglas or not. He looks like one who has been on the Chair !
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by einesellesenie
                    HB, I'm waiting for a collaborative script for the "Aircraft company" Ad that this series is missing.
                    This is not funny, but rather crafted in the impactful style of the Canadian spots...

POV: Camera pans along the side of an airliner, in a tight shot showing a seemingly endless series of passenger windows. We catch fleeting glimpses of faces at every window: old/young, male/female, adult/child. As the camera reaches the cockpit window it moves through the windscreen to reveal a very handsome man in a Captain's uniform. He smiles broadly, revealing preternaturally white teeth and removes the hat covering his stylish blond hair.

Captain: Hello. I am a Captain and instructor here at my airline and I am thoroughly committed to my craft, crew and passengers. I want nothing more than to ensure that all the people behind me get to where they are going, but today they are not going to make it because we are about to be in a terrible accident.

I really shouldn't feel pressure to take-off today, but we're running late and the controllers probably shouldn't have that soccer game on in the background, either. Plus, my company probably should have better trained the crew that's with me so they would feel more comfortable standing up to me even though I have considerable power within the airline. And, they probably should have required me to spend more time on the line and less time instructing in the simulator.

POV rotates around the cockpit to a shot from behind the crew looking out the windscreen into the mist.

F/O (speaking to the radio): We are at take-off

Captain (advancing thrust levers): We're going

S/O: Is he not clear then the Pan American?

Captain: Jawel!

POV rapidly pulls back from the cockpit to a position behind the tail of the airplane, showing the plane beginning to rotate. We catch a brief glimpse of blue letters on a white tail just as the plane explodes into another airplane on the runway.

Fade to black

Super: There really are no accidents. prevent-it.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Half Bottle
                      This is not funny, but rather crafted in the impactful style of the Canadian spots...

POV: Camera pans along the side of an airliner, in a tight shot showing a seemingly endless series of passenger windows. We catch fleeting glimpses of faces at every window: old/young, male/female, adult/child. As the camera reaches the cockpit window it moves through the windscreen to reveal a very handsome man in a Captain's uniform. He smiles broadly, revealing preternaturally white teeth and removes the hat covering his stylish blond hair.

Captain: Hello. I am a Captain and instructor here at my airline and I am thoroughly committed to my craft, crew and passengers. I want nothing more than to ensure that all the people behind me get to where they are going, but today they are not going to make it because we are about to be in a terrible accident.

I really shouldn't feel pressure to take-off today, but we're running late and the controllers probably shouldn't have that soccer game on in the background, either. Plus, my company probably should have better trained the crew that's with me so they would feel more comfortable standing up to me even though I have considerable power within the airline. And, they probably should have required me to spend more time on the line and less time instructing in the simulator.

POV rotates around the cockpit to a shot from behind the crew looking out the windscreen into the mist.

F/O (speaking to the radio): We are at take-off

Captain (advancing thrust levers): We're going

S/O: Is he not clear then the Pan American?

Captain: Jawel!

POV rapidly pulls back from the cockpit to a position behind the tail of the airplane, showing the plane beginning to rotate. We catch a brief glimpse of blue letters on a white tail just as the plane explodes into another airplane on the runway.

Fade to black

Super: There really are no accidents. prevent-it.ca

*Very* good, thanks: do you do that stuff for a living?

Now waiting for ITS' version...

Comment

Originally posted by einesellesenie
                        *Very* good, thanks: do you do that stuff for a living?
                        I don't write commercials for a living, but I do commission agencies to produce them for my company. Never anything like what we're talking about it this thread, though -- just straightforward "buy-our-product-because" spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Bottle
                          I don't write commercials for a living, but I do commission agencies to produce them for my company. Never anything like what we're talking about it this thread, though -- just straightforward "buy-our-product-because" spots.
                          Impressive: must be hard for them to get their scripts approved. You are definitely the right guy for the job...

Comment

Always liked their warning ones on drugs:

Coyote

Comment

Very funny.

Comment

Working...
                              X