You don't have clearance, Clarence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Darwinism at work :rolleyes: . Doesn't Jumbolair's runway have a displaced threshold? You'd think that once those guys passed that mark they would have attempted to brake.
    They ? What can the passenger on the right back seat do to brake this car ? Blame the idiot behind the wheel.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
      They ? What can the passenger on the right back seat do to brake this car ? Blame the idiot behind the wheel.
      But the passengers are partly to blame. They let him do it. I am sure that if all the passengers had not agreed to go, this incident wouldnt have happened.
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be
        But the passengers are partly to blame. They let him do it. I am sure that if all the passengers had not agreed to go, this incident wouldnt have happened.
        Concur....at that age, I probably would have called out V2.
        Signature removed by admin.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          I don't think these guys just saw a runway and on a whim decided to go speed on it. They probably knew about it beforehand and had some planning. The pax most likely had the opportunity to op out.

Comment

Not that hard to reach over and turn the key off. I have had to do that in the past.
            ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1711
              Not that hard to reach over and turn the key off. I have had to do that in the past.
              IMO, these kids got caught up in how fast they could go. Unfortunately for them, 7500' +/- doesn't last very long at high speeds.
              Signature removed by admin.

Comment

Jumbolair has a huge berm at the south turn around, like a dirt blast fence. I didn't think it was 80 feet tall, maybe 20 or 30.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetheart
                  IMO, these kids got caught up in how fast they could go. Unfortunately for them, 7500' +/- doesn't last very long at high speeds.
                  Oh I know. I was just responding to what someone said earlier about the passengers being powerless to stop it.
                  ADC Refugee

Click here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

(Fuzzy recollection follows):

10 or so years ago, a guy attempted takeoff from Allegheny County (KAGC) in a Buick (or similarly bulky American sedan).

He was a Saudi national, attending the Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, and the speculation was that he was attempting suicide, rather than return home to serve in the military. He literally raced a departing Cessna down Rwy 28, where the Cessna continued flight. The Buick did not. Despite a forced landing several hundred feet past the departure end of the runway (which also features a steep drop off), he survived. Oh, also, he was clad only in a bath towel...

Comment

Originally posted by Brad1711
                      Even easier-I think the M5 is a push button start.

Comment

Ahhhh !......"Vorsprung Durst Fu#ked It !!"

OK, I know that's an Audi saying but you know what I mean.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Google satellite view of the crash site.
                          http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...&t=h&z=18&om=0

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                            Still it is tragic. Five young men dead because of a stupid decision.
                            Indeed. R.I.P.

And, the young Polish guy with the drive to race his Audi (of cause smth like this would *NEVER* happen to you), take advice.

Rattler
                            AD.info? Rings a bell somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by rattler
                              And, the young Polish guy with the drive to race his Audi (of cause smth like this would *NEVER* happen to you), take advice.
                              Of course that would never happen to me because I wouldn't be that stupid to race on a private runway. I would take her for a spin on a public highway...
                              But hey, that subject is closed.

Comment

.......Thunder tried to take off in a 797 once.....

.......completely phlucked the undercarraige....

TDU
                                I have my own little world.....but it's okay......they know me here

Comment

Working...
                                X