Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avro_arrow_25206
    replied
    Cam, you should just be content that the Labour Party is not even close to the left-leaning organisation of yesteryears.

Leave a comment:

• tds
    replied
    Originally posted by Cam
    Oh TDS, just the "New Liberalism" of appeasement. I read in the news everyday about governments bending over for "special interests groups" and it annoys the hell outta me. I read about stabbings and a general downgrade in the quality of life over in the UK. Why is this happening? Where did the Europe of yesteryear go, where did the British Empire go?

Where did the Iron Fist go?
    There has been a spate of stabbings in London, especially of and / or by teenagers. To what extent this trend is real, and to what extent a result of increased media attention, I'm not sure, but it's obviously worrying whichever. New Labour corruption is now a firmly established fact too, unfortunately.

I honestly don't think there's been an overall deterioration in quality of life in the UK since Labour came to power in 1997. If that was true, I think they would have had a tougher time winning the 2005 general election, and turnout would have been higher (it was very low in both 2001 and 2005). Or I suppose you might put that down to the lack of an electable centre-right opposition.

Of course, I no longer live in the UK, so you may doubt my sincerity on that. In any case, don't take any of this to mean that I'm a fan of Labour!

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    Originally posted by tds
    Cam, are you talking about the UK Labour party? What in particular have they done to earn your ire this evening?
    Oh TDS, just the "New Liberalism" of appeasement. I read in the news everyday about governments bending over for "special interests groups" and it annoys the hell outta me. I read about stabbings and a general downgrade in the quality of life over in the UK. Why is this happening? Where did the Europe of yesteryear go, where did the British Empire go?

Where did the Iron Fist go?

Leave a comment:

• tds
    replied
    Originally posted by Cam
    Just wanted to throw that out there. I always found the Labour party to be a bunch of centrists, let's not make decisions for fear of retribution, tossers. Kid of like Canada's Liberal party.

What's wrong with the UK? You know formers Kings are rolling in their graves.
    Cam, are you talking about the UK Labour party? What in particular have they done to earn your ire this evening?

Leave a comment:

• einesellesenie
    replied
    Originally posted by Cam
    ...What's wrong with the UK? You know formers Kings are rolling in their graves.
    I think it all started to go downhill with UK's choice of the electrical plug: fix that and you're up to a good start.

Leave a comment:

• Even if you elected a Democrat, they'd still be better than Labour

Just wanted to throw that out there. I always found the Labour party to be a bunch of centrists, let's not make decisions for fear of retribution, tossers. Kid of like Canada's Liberal party.

What's wrong with the UK? You know formers Kings are rolling in their graves.
Working...
X