Netscape....is gone....end of an era.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netscape....is gone....end of an era.

An end of an era Ladies and Gents...when the internet was graced with my presence back in 1995, I used Netscape as my browser. For many years it was the best....now it is going to be laid to rest (shit it rhymes).

Netscape will live on in the form of FireFox....but I will miss the shooting starts that fly past the N.

Poof!

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Damn. The. Luck.
    Signature removed by admin.

Comment

This death is really more like slipping away from a PVS/braindead state into actual death than the death of a healthy thing. I don't know anyone who has used netscape for the past 5 years. Mozilla (or IE if you really must) have been the clear leaders for years now.

Comment

I remember back in elementary when we went to the computer labs and used Netscape. The memories...

Comment

Netscape 4.7 was the bomb! Ah, the memories.

On that thought, I just managed to find a Netscape 4.7 skin for my Firefox browser. It looks pretty cool

Comment

Ahhhh I remember Netscape...my first browser too when I started uni back in '95. I resisted the temptation to change to IE for ages but eventually gave in.

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
              Netscape 4.7 was the bomb! Ah, the memories.

On that thought, I just managed to find a Netscape 4.7 skin for my Firefox browser. It looks pretty cool
              Is it called foxscape? If not, PM me the like to it.....
              My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                Is it called foxscape? If not, PM me the like to it.....
                Yes, that's the one.

Comment

We're sharing memories: Netscape 2.2 with OS/2 3.0 and Warp 4. We had a really good time.
                  Thanks to Netscape: they paved the way for Mozilla, Opera and other indepentend browsers, so today we don't have to hang on Internet Explorer only.

get FRA spotting informations here:
                  www.Frankfurt-Aviation-Friends.eu

Comment

Should add a thought for Mosaic too, that paved the way for Netscape and IE... When Netscape came along, it had precisely the same look and feel as Mosaic, and I think it was even developed by the same people...
                    One who got away

Comment

Working...
                    X