Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNOW !!! Pictures from Toronto & Niagara

Sup,

So yes, Toronto is going through a snow storm since like last wednesday, getting tons of snow (up to 60cms where I live - Mississauga/Oakville). And it doesn't looks like it will stop. So I decided to take some pictures and share with ya'll - hope ya njoy

#1: Pictures from my house

This picture was taken last wednesday (in the morning). You can see how much snow fell during the night.

Looking down my street/court - looks like some were grounded by snow and didn't leave for work that morning.

That's how much snow actually fell

My house and driveway after removing all the snow. I had to dig my car out as it got stuck while trying to drive through snow..

Results of the winter.. driving too fast, didn't know how icy my driveway was.. hit the doors with my car. Luckily only few scratches on the hood..

#2: Attempt at night exposure shots:

Looking down my street again, this time at night

Ma driveway and houses around the court

My driveway again, this time with more snow. Taken just before night snow removal

My dad's ride sleeping on the driveway.. temperature dropped to -30 degrees at night.. poor car

Friday morning that's what we get - snow, full sun and -10 degrees. Time for a morning walk to the park

Ya, have fun driving to work.. even more snow from the night

More and more snaw made it imposible for cars to enter driveways, so ppl had to park on the street.. or what used to be street.

Frozen lake shore

Looking down the backyard.. some stormy clouds over the lake

Ahh the back looks so much nicer with all that snow

More snow, with the lake Ontario and Toronto skyline

That looks cool !

#3: Niagara falls

Frozen falls

Niagara Falls during the winter time

Frozen trees and such..

This is my friend's attempt at night exposure high speed pic.. taken while I was drivin back to Toronto from Niagara. Got my dad's 300 for the day You can see the temperature is -14..

And this is what it looks liek today.. and it only keeps on snowing. I will take more pictures later tonite nad post them, and I might go to park tomorrow to take more winter scenery shots

Hope you like those amateourish photos. Sorry I have a bad camera

Damn nice shots.

All we have down here is a slight glaze of ice, just enough to foul up traffic.

Comment

minus 30!!!!?!! good lord.
      Everyone made like DB Cooper.

Comment

Thank you
        Just watched the news and they are saying another 10 cms to fall tonight..

When I was going to sleep on sunday, the termometer was showing -33 - lowest I've seen this winter

Comment

Nice pictures

Although, that is a mere dusting
          You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Psssssttt....you should re-submit the one with your address that is not blocked out.....like the one above.

Who's house is the big one by the lake?
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Haha I know P&S pisa crap. I gotta clean the lens.
              The house by the lake is my dad's - where his business is located. It's backyard kicks a$$ !

Comment

Another psst: it's probably not a good idea to show your broken garage door pics, esp. with the comments you wrote
                Last edited by avro_arrow_25206; 2008-02-13, 05:36. Reason: original post confusing, apparently

Comment

Nice Pics Patryk, here in Manchester we had 4 hours of snow (approx 5cm)

Thats the most we have had in years, and true to form, most of the transport system ground to a halt!!

As for -30 FMSWAYB thats low. So how long you got until the weather improves?
                  Last edited by turbotraker; 2008-02-13, 07:36. Reason: temp edit

Comment

@Avro: who's pimpin my doors ? Just an example of what might happen if you drive carelessly in winter time. A warning to others.

5cm in Man ? That's good I wish we had that little. As for the weather improvement, noone really knows I'm going to Dominican Rep. in two weeks anyway, so I will have a break from winter time

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                      5cm in Man ? That's good I wish we had that little. As for the weather improvement, noone really knows I'm going to Dominican Rep. in two weeks anyway, so I will have a break from winter time
                      I WANT MORE, we havnt had a good snow storm for years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker

As for -33 FMSWAYB thats low. So how long you got until the weather improves?
                        Pat, when did we get the -30C ? I don't recall it being that cold...

who's pimpin my doors ? Just an example of what might happen if you drive carelessly in winter time. A warning to others.
                        I was just saying, you're going to get unwanted commentary about your broken garage photo. How is it even possible to drive too fast and not being able to stop on your own driveway?

Originally posted by turbotraker
                        I WANT MORE, we havnt had a good snow storm for years!!!
                        This new snowstorm is dumping quality powder, as far as I'm concerned. Just in time for me to hit the slopes during university reading week!

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                          This new snowstorm is dumping quality powder, as far as I'm concerned. Just in time for me to hit the slopes during university reading week!
                          We had a light dusting about a week ago, within 5-6 hours it had all gone. I cannot see any more falling on us this year

Comment

Hey Pat...nice pics. You have Lake Ontario in your backyard?

It took me 2H00 to get into work tonight (for 22:00 on the 12th). It was blowing like mad coming out of Peterborough and it was tough finding the highway because of the heavy snow on the roads and the blowing snow. Once I got down to the 401 all the bad drivers that should have been home were out. Nothing like coming up behind someone doing 40 km in the fast lane.

Comment

We had a half day of snow so far this winter and that was more then enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X