The Official Deutsche Fußball Bundesliga Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LTU932
    As a Liverpool fan who also happens to have a small softspot for Arsenal, let me tell you that the only good players Chelsea have are Ballack, Drogba, and maybe also Petr Cech, that's it.
    I would have to agree on that, especially Cech, who imo is the best goalie now, but you forgot about Frank Lampard (who definately used to be better in the past years, now he sucks but still), and my fav. Chelsea player, Andriy Shevchenko. What would Chelsea do without him ?
    Aight this years Champions League will be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
      I would have to agree on that, especially Cech, who imo is the best goalie now, but you forgot about Frank Lampard (who definately used to be better in the past years, now he sucks but still), and my fav. Chelsea player, Andriy Shevchenko. What would Chelsea do without him ?
      Aight this years Champions League will be interesting
      Sheva has never really been happy in West London. He's only there because Abramovich wanted him. He should have returned to Milan when he still had the chance, I'm sure Berlusconi would have received him with open arms.

As for Lampard, he is declining, and not only for the Blues. Just look at how he still insists that he's the sole playmaker for the Three Lions, completely forgetting that he's supposed to play with Gerrard (then again, it's the same for Gerrard and even he's had a bad season this year for the Reds). It wouldn't surprise me if Capello may eventually dump Lampard or even Gerrard if it means getting a playmaker who is also a team player on National Team level, not just club level.

BTW: Halftime in München and it's 0:0 in a much too defensive match. I would have expected at least a few more cards and a very serious goal chance.
      Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

Sheva has never really been happy in West London. He's only there because Abramovich wanted him. He should have returned to Milan when he still had the chance, I'm sure Berlusconi would have received him with open arms.
        Well, I've heard rumors about him going back to AC last year, but I guess those were just rumors. I don't know, for me he will always be part of Chelsea. Plus I don't feel like getting a new Sheva jersey.. blue looks cool enough
        As for Lampard, he is declining, and not only for the Blues. Just look at how he still insists that he's the sole playmaker for the Three Lions, completely forgetting that he's supposed to play with Gerrard (then again, it's the same for Gerrard and even he's had a bad season this year for the Reds). It wouldn't surprise me if Capello may eventually dump Lampard or even Gerrard if it means getting a playmaker who is also a team player on National Team level, not just club level.
        True that, but the selfish style of game lays in the British way of playing. No offence, but I've noticed that during various football matches, most of them get the ball and jsut run straight to the goal, wasting great opportunities. I also played football with some Brits and it's the same. They think they own the field and that their team consists of only one person. Instead of passing the ball to a teammate, they waste chance after chance.

Comment

As a Liverpool fan who also happens to have a small softspot for Arsenal, let me tell you that the only good players Chelsea have are Ballack, Drogba, and maybe also Petr Cech, that's it.
          Liverpool fan who has a soft spot for Arsenal? Thats a first . Talking about Arsenal, did you see the injury to Eduardo? Even though United and Arsenal will be eternal enimies, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. For anyone who hasn't seen the injury, just Youtube Eduardo injury, be warned its not nice.

Chelsea is just the best, we all know that
          Not quite!!!! It seems they are not having much luck.......Tottenham beat them to the Carling Cup, 9 points adrift in the Premiership and looking shaky in Europe. Whereas Manchester United............don't get me started

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker
            Not quite!!!! It seems they are not having much luck.......Tottenham beat them to the Carling Cup, 9 points adrift in the Premiership and looking shaky in Europe. Whereas Manchester United............don't get me started
            Everyone has it's ups and downs Tottenham that was just pure luck
            I wonder why you got rid of the Man U. avatar ? jkn

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker
              Liverpool fan who has a soft spot for Arsenal? Thats a first . Talking about Arsenal, did you see the injury to Eduardo? Even though United and Arsenal will be eternal enimies, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the guy. For anyone who hasn't seen the injury, just Youtube Eduardo injury, be warned its not nice.
              This is something where you have to leave rivalries behind and at least show moral support for the player. I've seen Eduardo's injury but there's the rumour that, although he will miss Euro 08, his recovery may be quick because the injury itself isn't as bad as it looked.

Anyway, I'm pissed about how Bayern vs 1860 ended. How can the player from 1860 be so DUMB and cause a penalty? This match had to go into penalties, until that foul allowed Ribéry to score. I'm seriously disappointed with the Löwen.

The draw for the semifinals is this Sunday. Those who win the semifinals will have the grand opportunity to go to the Olympiastadion in Berlin, zum Finale!
              Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

I wonder why you got rid of the Man U. avatar ? jkn
                Yep, I guess they did.

ManU Avatar was just temp stop gap to replace old jugs. Then found this one. I am sure no one will be offended by this one .

This is something where you have to leave rivalries behind and at least show moral support for the player. I've seen Eduardo's injury but there's the rumour that, although he will miss Euro 08, his recovery may be quick because the injury itself isn't as bad as it looked.
                Ravalries wouldn't even come into this situation. I was watching the match and it was horrific and Eduardo was an excellent player. Read in the news today, he is out of Hospital and is hoping to play again at the end of the year.

Just hope he doesn't lose some of his talent when he recovers. Have seen so many players come back after a bad injury and just not be the same again.

Comment

Anyway, I'm pissed about how Bayern vs 1860 ended. How can the player from 1860 be so DUMB and cause a penalty? This match had to go into penalties, until that foul allowed Ribéry to score. I'm seriously disappointed with the Löwen.
                  I am more disappointed with Gagelmann, his performance was a joke. Toni commits two fouls and gets two yellow cards for that, one for pushing his opposing player away, yet when a '60 player pushed Poldi away, with both hands, instead of a penalty Gagelmann tells Poldi to knock the supposed diving off. Plus when Lucio got a Watsch'n in the 89th minute or so. That one was so damn clear to see. Not to mention that Gagelmann was overly pedantic, and he essentially would only give the go-ahead for a free-kick if the ball was lying at a correct angle to the ground :rolleyes: .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                    I am more disappointed with Gagelmann, his performance was a joke. Toni commits two fouls and gets two yellow cards for that, one for pushing his opposing player away, yet when a '60 player pushed Poldi away, with both hands, instead of a penalty Gagelmann tells Poldi to knock the supposed diving off. Plus when Lucio got a Watsch'n in the 89th minute or so. That one was so damn clear to see. Not to mention that Gagelmann was overly pedantic, and he essentially would only give the go-ahead for a free-kick if the ball was lying at a correct angle to the ground :rolleyes: .
                    I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and I saw more bad acting than daytime TV. Reminds me why I don't watch pro soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                      I watched the last 10 minutes of this game and I saw more bad acting than daytime TV. Reminds me why I don't watch pro soccer.
                      Not man enough to handle that ?
                      Anyone knows which chanel shows those games in US, except for those damn Italian ones ?

Comment

It is finally done, Helmut Schulte is back home with the FC St. Pauli! He was introduced as the new Geschäftsführer Sport (something like a general manager) and returns after ten years with the S04 youth department.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=a-OwJkQH_BU
                        http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=SWZZ1HfoylI
                        Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

Not man enough to handle that ?
                          Anyone knows which chanel shows those games in US, except for those damn Italian ones ?
                          Man enough to watch people fall over because someone brushed against his jersey as they ran past? I guess not.

Not sure about seeing any matches in the US. I'm out in Amsterdam right now.

Comment

http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_2183404.html

It's the first match suspension in over 2 years. The City of Cottbus, owner of the "Stadion der Freundschaft" of Energie Cottbus, has informed the DFL of a weather forecast, where near hurricane force winds of up to 130 km/h or 80 mph are expected on Saturday, and the DFL has immediately postponed the match. No word so far on when it's to be played. The SC Magdeburg has rescheduled its match in the Regionalliga to Sunday as a result of this forecast.

BTW: Hertha BSC is currently leading the MSV Duisburg with 2:0 in the second half.
                            Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

I just remember Bayern from the times when I was in Europe so I thought I would cheer for them
                              You're possibly the biggest/worst glory supporter on this forum

You don't watch much Football do you Spurs deserved to win, and you know it. You were lucky it only ended 2-1. The first 20 minutes Spurs could have had 3 or 4.

Any chance of making it into an official football thread rather than just a Bundesliga.

Comment

Well, if it was made into an official football thread, we'd suddenly have the Americans trying to inject their knowledge about playing football with their hands, and if I were to made it into an official soccer thread, I'd get a sh!tload of complaints about why I named the thread like that, neither situation of which looks very enticing to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X