The Official Deutsche Fußball Bundesliga Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seahawk
    But they will be the "winner of hearts".
    No doubt about it, but it doesn't make it any better when people who hear that term immediately think of crying Schlackski's .

Comment

Damn! Bayern is having a surprise Galavorstellung against Anderlecht! 5:0, goals by Hamit Altintop, Luca Toni, Lukas Podolski, Miroslav Klose and now Franck Ribéry! For all I know, the RSC Anderlecht could now just skip the return leg and let Bayern go to the quaterfinals now.

And may Werder kick Rangers's ass tonight. As a Celtic fan, a win by Werder against Rangers would be even sweeter than Bayer 04 winning against the HSV.
      Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

Good game, against an admittedly VERY weak competitor. Nice training game for Karlsruhe on saturday . Though the freekick by Ribery, awesome, right into the corner, perfect . The game next week in the Allianz-Arena could be interesting though, we might see some players that we didn't even remember were with Bayern anymore, like Breno or Schlaudraff .

Oh, and of course, 27 goals in 9 games, 3 goals average in the UEFA-Cup. Just wish they'd have the same quote in the Bundesliga.

Comment

And we're going from climax to anticlimax, since Werder allowed itself 2 Torwartfehler from the very Tim Wiese we considered an Elfmeterkiller just a couple of weeks ago, to lose against the Rangers!

It's time we demand a Wunder von der Weser for the return match. The good thing is that the return leg will be played in the Weserstadion, so that will give Werder some advantage.

And in other news, Bayer 04 is currently winning as I was hoping.
          Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

Somebody please tell me what the hell is going on with Werder? Do they like going from one extreme to the other? First, Wiese becomes an Elfmeterkiller, then he screws up during the Rangers match, and now all of Werder gets shot down 6:3 (!!!) by the VfB Stuttgart (with Per Mertesacker contributing directly to Stuttgart's victory with his Eigentor and later ejection). Now Bayern has extended its lead, and Bayer 04 is closing in on the HSV in their quest for qualification to the Champions League (for which I congratulate them for keeping our archrivals from Bahrenfeld on the backseat).

Slightly OT: http://www.sport1.de/de/sport/artikel_2190814.html (German only)

Jacques Rogge now wants that the Olympic Games feature football all-stars playing for their country at the olympics and he wants to have a chat with FIFA about it. Apparently, he thinks that the current settlement his predecessor Juan Antonio Samaranch and Joao Havelange made, in which only a U-23 squad with only three senior players can go to the Olympics, which was introduced to "protect the World Cup", should end soon. For me, the title of Olympic Champion in Asociation Football has become totally useless. It used to be worth something in the times before the World Cup, but now it's the same as playing for the goldene Ananas.

And also, congrats to Barnsley, the current equivalent to Carl Zeiss Jena in terms of how much damage they can do to top flight teams in Cup competition (or as we call them, Pokalschreck) for kicking Chelski OUT! And shame on you, ManU, for allowing your replacement goalie to get a red card and force with Rio Ferdinand a defender to play goalie (though that must have been a fun sight ).

And finally, St. Pauli is playing tomorrow night against 1860. It'll be on DSF for those who are interested and receive DSF (I wish I had tomorrow the day off and DSF).
            Last edited by LTU932; 2008-03-09, 19:10.
            Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

Working...
            X