Presidential Election Thread 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Election Thread 2008

Who do you think is going to win the primaries for '08, and eventually become the president of the United States?

I'm hoping for either Huckabee or Paul.

-Chris
    Hillary Clinton
    14.71%
    Barack Obama
    52.94%
    Mike Gravel
    0.00%
    John McCain
    20.59%
    Mike Huckabee
    2.94%
    Ron Paul
    8.82%
    Alan Keyes
    0.00%

Obama for me....

Comment

I wanted Romney real bad until he dropped out, now I am for McCain.
      John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Alan Keyes, because I am batshit crazy.
        -signed,
        27% of Illinois voters

Comment

Ron Paul, only because it would be the least of all evils. Hillary is a psychotic b!tch, Obama lacks any meaningful experience, and McCain is too old.

Comment

Couldn't give a monkey's who wins......as long as they keep their finger off the "Nuke everyone" button !
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Ron Paul, only because it would be the least of all evils. Hillary is a psychotic b!tch, Obama lacks any meaningful experience, and McCain is too old.
              Well, that's pretty hilarious given that Paul is older than McCain.

Comment

I choose Obama. However, if Obama doesn't get the nomination at the DNC this summer for whatever reason, then I choose McCain. Overall, I'd still prefer Obama.
                Audentes Fortuna Imperii

Comment

You forgot "None of the above" or "Who cares"

As an aside Hillary and Obama are yapping about the North American Free Trade Agreement and how the U.S. is getting screwed by the rest of us....hahahaha. That's a joke right? Canada and Mexico are hurting the States? hahahaha. That's okay, since Canada is the largest supplier of oil to the U.S. and we have a good portion of the world's fresh water and we have to take your b.s. all the time (see beef and softwood lumber) I think maybe we should reopen NAFTA and then shut off the tap. John McCain knows how valuable Canada is to the U.S. and he is a war vet too.

Comment

Obama,
                    Against :
                    his wife has called for youngs to dream of careers as teachers and social workers. Teachers and social workers, yes, but with strong willed demobs and other who are able to tame their "clients"
                    I personally fear a return to Carter's year
                    For
                    His energy and charisma

McCain
                    Against :
                    his age
                    For :
                    can be a real good surprise, let's see who will appoint as the ticket running mate.
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I'm really undecided at this point. I am typically Republican, however I hate the party's stance on the Iraq war. I want the war to be over and I just don't see a point in being there anymore.

My Presidential wish list:

1. End the Iraq War (withdraw troops) within 12 months of taking office.
                      2. Hunt down and kill Bin Laden or find proof of his death. Arrest would be acceptable.
                      3. Be tough on illegal immigration. I can't support someone who would give college scholarships to illegal immigrants. Send the illegals home and make them apply for citizenship. Penalize employers who hire illegals.
                      4. Allow drilling for oil in the Alaskan preserve, as well as fund research for alternative fuels. Cut back on tax subsidies for oil companies.
                      5. Better pay for teachers.
                      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

I'm undecided for now between Barak and Hilary. I have many likes and dislikes for both.

Essentially, I want someone who I could trust not to drag us into wars and help restore our world-wide relations. I hope somewhere along the line we try to get free community college.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I voted for Obama in the Georgia Primary on Super Tuesday. I disagree with him from time to time, but I think he's the best (or rather, third worst) candidate.

Comment

I am a registered Democrat and voted Hillary in the Florida (closed) primaries but was planning to vote for Romney in the actual election...I will not vote for any ticket that has Hussein on it, I cant vote for McCain he sounds just like Bush so in November I will either be voting for "none of the above" or a write in vote for Peter Griffin http://presidentgriffin.com/

Comment

No Hussein?

What's in a name?

Comment

Working...
                              X