No announcement yet.

Congratulations to the Emu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congrats Joe, any plans for moving up to heavy metal or even overseas? I hear the Japanese carriers are busy scouting for new talent for their fleets!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Congrats Emu!

And remember: unapproved low flybys can suddenly end your career
      *scnr*
      Where can i get one of those stylish JP.net banners? - Got it!

Comment

Don't sweat the landings. Anything on the centerline and in the touchdown zone is a good landing as long as you can use the airplane again when you reach the level you're at. Smoothness doesn't count for much. It's all about where you put the airplane.

That 700 is a bitch to make a smooth one anyway.
        Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
          Don't sweat the landings. Anything on the centerline and in the touchdown zone is a good landing as long as you can use the airplane again when you reach the level you're at. Smoothness doesn't count for much. It's all about where you put the airplane.

That 700 is a bitch to make a smooth one anyway.
          Yeah, I'm not worried. They've all been on centerline, on speed, and in the touchdown zone. My first one was actually in OMA with 20kt winds gusting to 30 but thankfully straight down the pipe. That one wasn't too bad. My landing in ATL was a little on the firm side, but my landing in Dayton was pretty damn awesome. I'll get it, its just a matter of practice. That sim is great, but it doesn't replicate landings well at all.

How's your new gig treating you? Missing the dash yet?

Comment

Sounds like you've got the hang of it man.

Yeah, I miss the Dash, and especially the people I flew with there. I knew I would when I left.

This new job more than makes up for it though. Did my fam flight the other day. Just plain awesome airplane to fly. I'm probably going on my first tour tomorrow. If not then, it'll be within a week. Excellent job so far. Camera should be getting home from the shop soon, so I'll get some more pics.
            Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              Yeah, I'm not worried. They've all been on centerline, on speed, and in the touchdown zone. My first one was actually in OMA with 20kt winds gusting to 30 but thankfully straight down the pipe. That one wasn't too bad. My landing in ATL was a little on the firm side, but my landing in Dayton was pretty damn awesome. I'll get it, its just a matter of practice.
              Took me a good six months until I could grease it consistently and I'm in the -200 which is a lot easier to land than the -700.

Comment

Originally posted by LRJet Guy
                This new job more than makes up for it though. Did my fam flight the other day. Just plain awesome airplane to fly. I'm probably going on my first tour tomorrow. If not then, it'll be within a week. Excellent job so far. Camera should be getting home from the shop soon, so I'll get some more pics.
                Good luck!
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                X