I will confess that I parlor talk...
    Indeed.

Comment

Masking stupidity
      ADCR
      Tongue tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
        You're right, what would he of all people know about Comair CRJs?
        No, if he knows, why doesn't he share it with all us, on this aviation forum, and enlighten all of us ?? Think that will be more usufull than saying 'indeed' every now and then..

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
          No, if he knows, why doesn't he share it with all us, on this aviation forum, and enlighten all of us ?? Think that will be more usufull than saying 'indeed' every now and then..
          I did share it. 3WE parlor talked that the lineup check wasn't complete. I educated everybody that it was. 3WE then resumed parlor talking.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
            I did share it. 3WE parlor talked that the lineup check wasn't complete. I educated everybody that it was. 3WE then resumed parlor talking.
            It may have been "complete" but was it correct?
            Signatures are overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Airfoilsguy
              It may have been "complete" but was it correct?
              Sadly, yes. There is no mention of runway heading in the lineup check, as I've stated previously.

Comment

Holy thread degeneration batman!

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
                  3WE then resumed parlor talking.
                  A common concern in the airline industry is pilot fatigue.

Especially regional pilots who may wake up early, fly late, and may work irregular schedules.

Fatigue can lead to mental errors.

I can think of at least two posts now of Emu, our new regional CRJ pilot, mentioning tiring circumstances.

Fatigue/Pre-dawn departure may have been a factor in mental errors that lead to the Comair Lexington CRJ crash.

Conspiracy? No.

Is Emu an accident waiting to happen? No.

But is this place called a discussion forum?

Never mind, I don't know what I'm talking about.
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                    Concur and indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                      I can think of at least two posts now of Emu, our new regional CRJ pilot, mentioning tiring circumstances.
                      Saying "It sucks to get up at 4AM" and "I am over fatigued" are two completely different things.

Originally posted by 3WE
                      Than why:
                      Originally posted by 3WE
                      Get your beauty sleep and lose the attitude of infallability.
                      Originally posted by 3WE
                      basically dismisses "human factors" of "simply forgetting" since humans are not perfect
                      What Emu said (if I read it correctly), is that every airline has now incorporated Runway verification into its SOPs as a result of OH5191. Are there other errors in there? Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                        It used to be. Now it's a bunch of aviation geeks trying to proove others wrong. With a few exceptions...

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                          A common concern in the airline industry is pilot fatigue.

Especially regional pilots who may wake up early, fly late, and may work irregular schedules.

Fatigue can lead to mental errors.

Fatigue/Pre-dawn departure may have been a factor in mental errors that lead to the Comair Lexington CRJ crash.

Conspiracy? No.

I agree that fatigue is a scary thing. But I got into that outstation at like 2 in the afternoon, was in bed by 9:30 and got plenty of rest. It just doesn't change that getting up at 4am is not a lot of fun. Appreciate your concern, but I do believe I can manage my own sleep schedule without coaching from JP.net

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                            I agree that fatigue is a scary thing. But I got into that outstation at like 2 in the afternoon, was in bed by 9:30 and got plenty of rest. It just doesn't change that getting up at 4am is not a lot of fun. Appreciate your concern, but I do believe I can manage my own sleep schedule without coaching from JP.net
                            Thanks for recognizing that there's a little bit of relevance there and I worry about those who don't. Didn't mean to tell you how to do your job and did include a disclaimer and a winkie back when this all started
                            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                              Thanks for recognizing that there's a little bit of relevance there and I worry about those who don't.
                              Appreciate your concern. Really.

Comment

Emu, dont bitch, when i have to wake up at 4am to get to work, im going to be setting up the kitchen at McDs, not flying a plane.
                                Sam Rudge
                                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                                X