That they are

And I thought 8:30 was bad.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Everyday experience for me .
      Signatures are overrated

Comment

Oh suck it up!

When I worked in STL for SWA as CSA, I had a whole week of 3am wake up calls for a 5am start shift, and periodically did doubles of back to back.

Granted I am not flying a plane...

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

You should be thrilled! You had to rush to the airport and jump in an airplane and fly...your life is over until you're off reserve! However, when I get my wake up calls it's always to cancel going to the airport.
          Tanner Johnson - Owner
          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            4am wakeup calls are the devil...

...that is all
            Concur (mine was at 4:25).

Comment

ya harden up I say.

Comment

You're still flying a CRJ...

Comment

for future reference, I've been (and will continue) to take some crappy pictures while at work as time permits. Anybody interested in seeing them check here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jriegel/

Comment

4am wakeup calls are the devil...

...that is all
                    Screamo and Flyboy: When you pull onto the active, carefully check your compass/DG/HI/whatever to see that it matches with the number of the runway you are supposed to be using.

I still think that the 4-something wakeup was a very insidious factor in Lexington.

(and not ranting, it's just not emphasized all that much in the report/discussions)
                    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                      Screamo and Flyboy: When you pull onto the active, carefully check your compass/DG/HI/whatever to see that it matches with the number of the runway you are supposed to be using.

I still think that the 4-something wakeup was a very insidious factor in Lexington.

(and not ranting, it's just not emphasized all that much in the report/discussions)
                      I do believe the standards department of pretty much every airline has got that covered. Captain "heading XXX" Me: "Runway XX verified"

Comment

I do believe the standards department of pretty much every airline has got that covered. Captain "heading XXX" Me: "Runway XX verified"
                        Never heard that one before. Thats good.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Exactly screamo....you said it just like they said it. Trouble is that they only said it, they didn't really do it.

[PuttingWordsInYourMouth=Screamo Emo]4:00 AM wake up is a bitch. The mind doesn't neccesarily function at 100% efficiency then[/misqoute]

Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE
                            Exactly screamo....you said it just like they said it. Trouble is that they only said it, they didn't really do it.

[PuttingWordsInYourMouth=Screamo Emo]4:00 AM wake up is a bitch. The mind doesn't neccesarily function at 100% efficiency then[/misqoute]

They didn't say it. The "runway heading" F/O Polhinke was referring to was with regards to their IFR clearance, not with regards to their position. Not that that's an excuse, but if you're going to quote the report, quote it correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
                              They didn't say it. The "runway heading" F/O Polhinke was referring to was with regards to their IFR clearance, not with regards to their position. Not that that's an excuse, but if you're going to quote the report, quote it correctly.
                              So are you also as 'smart' as they were when flying, giving the ATC's runway heading, instead of wasting 5 seconds and actually checking the heading and runway number your on ?

Comment

Working...
                              X