Clear All

• Possible Tornado hits Downtown Atlanta

Per CNN.com

www.cnn.com

-10K without Power
    -Damage to CNN Building
    -Damage to many hotels
    -Damage to NCAA building I believe SEC?

Another echo seems to be coming through and aimed for ATL Airport.

Spoke to our resident Joe, who claims everythng is ok and hoping his car is there

Stay safe out there in Atlanta tonight!

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Originally posted by ATrude777
    Per CNN.com

www.cnn.com

-10K without Power
    -Damage to CNN Building
    -Damage to many hotels
    -Damage to NCAA building I believe SEC?

Another echo seems to be coming through and aimed for ATL Airport.

Spoke to our resident Joe, who claims everythng is ok and hoping his car is there

Stay safe out there in Atlanta tonight!

Alex
    Pouring like mad here now, lightning everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777

and hoping his car is there

Alex
      Don't you have to hope for that every night in Atlanta?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
        Don't you have to hope for that every night in Atlanta?
        yes sir, especially since I'm in College park

Comment

Looks like the city really got rocked! Right downtown, crazy. More storms on the way this morning.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Re:

Yeah, the Georgia Dome was damaged, with several areas of the roof coming down, hopefully no one got seriously hurt.

The stuff yesterday in Atlanta and the SE U.S. may turn out to be nothing compared to what might come today. Tornadoes are a possibility. The storms yesterday were from System #1, which is exiting off the east coast, the stuff today will be from system #2, which produced a tornadic supercell yesterday just north of Shreveport. That system's now moving over the SE U.S. today. Then system #3 is going to head down into the southern plains on Monday from the Pacific NW, giving us some severe weather as well, with heavy rain expected. It's going to be an active period for a while.

Comment

Tornado was an EF-2 on the Enhanced Fujita Scale.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                yes sir, especially since I'm in College park

CNN just said College Park is under the gun right now. 3:15CDT

Comment

Supercell over ATL. Check out all the holding patterns. 3:40pm CDT The cells are "training" west to east directly over the heart of the city.

Comment

At around 4:20 ET it started pouring with heavy thunderstorms in Duluth (about 30 miles from Atlanta). We also had golf ball sized hail, strong wind, and minor flooding. Right now we have blue skies but it is still pretty bad on the south side by ATL.

I'm pretty glad I wasn't on campus last night!

Comment

Looks pretty fvcked up today. Gotta wonder how many flights will end up being diverted, and when. DL flight 109 from Madrid is currently in its 5th holding pattern lap going for a 6th

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        Looks pretty fvcked up today. Gotta wonder how many flights will end up being diverted, and when. DL flight 109 from Madrid is currently in its 5th holding pattern lap going for a 6th
                        Last night and today I've been seeing a lot of odd departure paths where as soon as they takeoff they head directly north. Also saw a 767 go missed while I was just out seeking lunch. I thought the hail was going to break the windows on my car.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          Last night and today I've been seeing a lot of odd departure paths where as soon as they takeoff they head directly north. Also saw a 767 go missed while I was just out seeking lunch. I thought the hail was going to break the windows on my car.
                          I take it you weren't scheduled to operate any flights today? Sure as hell wouldn't want to be stuck at ATL no, pax or employee, with the severe wheather and average 90-minute delays.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                            I take it you weren't scheduled to operate any flights today? Sure as hell wouldn't want to be stuck at ATL no, pax or employee, with the severe wheather and average 90-minute delays.
                            Nope, not till monday. Just a quick ROC turn.

Comment

The damage sucks, but I love severe lightning.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X