NYC Corridor Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Damn, yet another pilot on here I have to envy for flying along the Hudson . Very nice pics .
    Think they'll let me do it in the CRJ?

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      If they manage to charge each pax an additional 100 bucks, I'm sure they'd have no problem with it .

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        They sure will if you're going into LGA when 22 is in use. You end up flying up the Hudson, turn base right over Central Park, then turn final just north of the Bay.

Last month we were doing LGA to Jax off Rwy 4 and after we turned South ATC had us do a left 360 for spacing. This was right over Manhattan and pax thought we gave them a tour. We didn't bother denying it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m

Jax off Rwy 4
          Is that what you guys do when you're bored?
          Cool shots! Regarding Ground Zero, it's located on the east side (right in front) of that group of 4 buildings with the greenish tops to them. I always think the Twin Towers would have looked great in these types of pictures.

Comment

Down in my territory I see. Glad you enjoyed it. How was the turbulence coming down the Hudson?

Have they sent you up here yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
              Down in my territory I see. Glad you enjoyed it. How was the turbulence coming down the Hudson?
              HPN seems like a nice little airport. Too bad the NIMBYS have too much pull down there, and thus block expansion. The turbulence along the Hudson wasn't that bad overall, but there were a few nice sized bumps passing by lower Manhattan. I guess effects on the wind by the buildings, but nothing that bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                HPN seems like a nice little airport. Too bad the NIMBYS have too much pull down there, and thus block expansion. The turbulence along the Hudson wasn't that bad overall, but there were a few nice sized bumps passing by lower Manhattan. I guess effects on the wind by the buildings, but nothing that bad at all.
                Indeed. Anyone who spent $4 Million on a house next to an airport needs to get their head examined.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                  Indeed. Anyone who spent $4 Million on a house next to an airport needs to get their head examined.
                  Unless of course they are aviation nerds

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                    Unless of course they are aviation nerds
                    I think most of us need our sanity checked regardless.

Comment

Working...
                    X