Sat Image of Blackout. Real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sat Image of Blackout. Real?

I don't know if this is real or not, but I got this in the e-mail today.

Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
    lp.org

No. That image is a fake. The real satellite images were published in TIME magazine, and they had much more lights. New Yrok was NOT a complete blackout, as this seems to show. Also, is Detroit even in blackness in that? If memory serves me, it is on a peninsula, and Canada is on the other side of that penensula. I think that the photo is showing Detroit wiht Lights...which I believe is inaccurate....

Comment

This is definitely an edit. No area would go completely black, even during a blackout. Also note that the black used in the edit is a much darker colour than the surrounding ocean and land.

Comment

it's so laughably fake.

Comment

No way!

Look at Canada, you can see the very un populated areas and notice they are blue. Then notice the "black out" area and it's actually black. Obviously done in paint.
          "You can run but you'll die tired."
          Semper Fidelis
          United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Lol! That was done in paint it looks like.

These are the real photos (from the NOAA)

20 hours before the blackout

7 hours after the blackout

Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Those emails are the dumbest thing, like the ones of the space shuttle exploding and the ones where it said that everyone should light a candle on the Sept 11 anniversary and stand outside their houses and the US gov't was going to take a sattleite photo and play it on the news.

Comment

Fake. Duh...

Comment

Working...
                X