RIP Tim Russert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Tim Russert

Figured this would be posted here, but then figured most probably never really woke up that early on a Sunday to watch Meet The Press. I, however woke up early just to watch it because I had the privelage of knowing Tim. I was absolutely shocked to hear of his passing and can't imagine how his family feels right now. From his dad losing his beloved son on Father's Day weekend, to his son who just graduated college; times must be tough. I'm sure you've all heard on the news how much of an everyday guy Mr. Russert was and I can tell you it is all very true. From sitting in on a live airing of Meet The Press, I got to see first hand his tough questions and how he "interrogates" his guests. However, once that camera turns off he is just a normal nice guy interested in seeing youth succeed.

If you're bored, go ahead and take a look at a gallery I posted with photos I have taken of him. They're not the best, but they are of him nonetheless. This is weird because in the past two years, two celebrities that I have photographed have died suddenly.

A community for sports photography, sports action, and photojournalism for the professional photographer, student photographer and hobbyist.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Rip
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Tomorrow NBC (during their Father's day programming) will pause at 7:00pm EST (IIRC) to honor Mr. Russert. I, for one, loved Meet the Press. It was perhaps the one way that we as the public were able to actually get answers, and the truth out of those that would otherwise cloud it with their convoluted verses of lies. He was a great journalist. His absence will greatly be missed, but his career - his interviews will not be easily forgotten. He was remarkable. My thoughts are with his family during this ordeal - as they have lost so much in loosing a father, an uncle, a son and a husband.
      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
      X