Advice Needed on Removal of Wisdom Teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanner_J
    Why the fear of pain? Pretty much everyone has to go through it. Most people I know were out with friends the night of the surgery...
    I went to work 3 hours after mine came out. It did turn out to be a poor decision later as they started to bleed and I had to go home.

Comment

I was at work when I had mine done. Stood down by control to go in for extraction under local anaesthetic.

Out an hour later after checks that the Codeine Phosphate wasn't going to react. Went to ambulance and took my place in the attendant's seat.

Booked available on the radio with the message..."Papa 39, now clear and available in town centre, over"

....at least, that's what my brain told me I said !!

It came over the controllers headset as "Purbls tree hine, nowll leary ind allable in trowen sendrle, obbler" !!

Good stuff Codeine Phosphate, but it really f***s your speech up.

My, how the bastards laughed !!
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Here's a update due to lack of space (Sounds familiar..... huh?) and me going off to college in late August. I am getting them pulled out on Jan 5th
        John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Well Folks,
          Update #2, I was able to get an Appointment to do it on Friday, since the Dr. was willing to do it after hours.
          John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs.— Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Well, I hope everything turned out OK for you. I had mine taken out almost a year ago, and I have to admit that getting put to sleep really helps. I was and the next thing I knew, I was out in the hall on a bed. Quite quick and painless, well for me anyway :P

You'll definitely want to stick to soft foods for the week or so after the operation. Ice also helps soothe the pain and decrease the swelling, so keep that in mind, too.

Again, I hope everything goes well for you and here's to a speedy recovery!

Fly from Buffalo!

Non-Stop flights to:

JFK, LGA, BOS, PIT, PHL, IAD, DCA, BWI, CLT, PHX, LAS, EWR, ATL, CVG, DTW, MSP, ORD, MDW, MCO, TPA, BDL, ALB, DFW, CLE, FLL, RSW, ROC

Comment

I just went to the dentist yesterday and found out I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled:

The ones on the bottom are messing with the other teeth and need to come out. The ones on top are fine but I'm wondering if I should just get those pulled at the same time as well. I am not looking forward to this.

Mike
              Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
              lp.org

Comment

Originally posted by Van Hoolio
                I just went to the dentist yesterday and found out I need to get my wisdom teeth pulled:

The ones on the bottom are messing with the other teeth and need to come out. The ones on top are fine but I'm wondering if I should just get those pulled at the same time as well.
                Mike
                No!. The ones on the bottom are a big job and need surgery now.

Let the mouth recover before doing the easy ones on the top. That way any post operative problems can be more directly addressed without guessing what side is causing the problem.

Comment

Getting mine out tomorrow morning. IV sedation for me. Not looking forward, but who would? They didn't tell me much about what's going to happen, so I'll wait and see what its like.

Comment

Working...
                  X