Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser eye correction

Has anyone had laser eye correction?
    Anyone thinking of having it done to correct long/short sight?

I plan on having it done as soon as my eyes stop changing. Generally your eyes stop to change at 21-22 years old.

I've heard nothing but great things about it and am constantly told it was the best decision those people ever made. I can't wait to be able to see without glasses. I have problems seeing far away.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
      I plan on having it done as soon as my eyes stop changing. Generally your eyes stop to change at 21-22 years old.
      I am 37 and my eyes still havn't settled yet.

I too have heared so much about how people have only regretted why they waited so long before having it done.

As soon as they settle, I plan to have mine done.

Comment

I'm 44 and as of Monday, my eyes have not settled and many of my friends who have had the surgery now must wear reading glasses.

Comment

Generally your eyes stop to change at 21-22 years old.
          Not so.
          warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

Comment

Ok, well let me go tell my eye doctor he was wrong. I'll let you know what he says.
            Tanner Johnson - Owner
            twenty53 Photography

Comment

Not for me, thank you...

Comment

Generally your eyes stop to change at 21-22 years old.
                Ok, well let me go tell my eye doctor he was wrong. I'll let you know what he says.
                Far too sweeping a statement. Not necessarily incorrect...but too wide ranging.

Lifestyle, blood pressure changes, genetics, conditions of eye useage, ageing, cholesterol levels....all have an effect on eyesight.

I didn't need glasses until I was in my early forties. I have had four prescription changes since then.
                If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Having worn glasses for over 20 years and contacts for 4 years, my prescription kept on changing every year or so. Since I stopped wearing contacts (hard glass) my eyes have settled slightly, but still not enough to have surgery.

Anyone on here already had it done?

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker
                    (hard glass)
                    Whatever those are, they sound terrible.
                    I wear contacts a majority of the time. Even though they're a real pain in the ass to me, a 1% chance of going blind from surgery or something is too much for me. My aunt had it a few years ago and her eyes have "gone back" to the way they were before.

Comment

I have thought about the eye surgery, I've gotten so used to contacts they're just part of my routine now. That and as Jordan mentioned a 1% chance is a bit too much for me. I have heard great things from people who have gotten it done, but I'm happy with my current situation.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker
                        Anyone on here already had it done?
                        I had it done 9 years ago when I was 30. I used to have -6.75 on the right eye and -6.25 on the left one.

In the end, I was left with -0.25 on the right eye and -0.50 on the left and never used glasses again ever since. So far, after 9 years, I don't notice any difference.

The process was not so easy because my doctor was not able the operate both my eyes on the same day. I had to go a second time to have my left eye operated plus a small correction on the right one.

It was not much painful at all, the biggest drawback was that it took me one month to fully recover and go back to work, instead of the 2 weeks I was promissed.

All in all, it was very much worth it. I would even say it was the best medical procedure I have had in my life in the way it changed my well-being for the better.
                        TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343
                          I had it done 9 years ago when I was 30. I used to have -6.75 on the right eye and -6.25 on the left one.

In the end, I was left with -0.25 on the right eye and -0.50 on the left and never used glasses again ever since. So far, after 9 years, I don't notice any difference.

The process was not so easy because my doctor was not able the operate both my eyes on the same day. I had to go a second time to have my left eye operated plus a small correction on the right one.

It was not much painful at all, the biggest drawback was that it took me one month to fully recover and go back to work, instead of the 2 weeks I was promissed.

All in all, it was very much worth it. I would even say it was the best medical procedure I have had in my life in the way it changed my well-being for the better.
                          Replies like that make me want to have them done.

a 1% chance of going blind from surgery
                          Makes me want to keep glasses/contacts.

My optician advises against it, then again he would wouldn't he?

Whatever those are, they sound terrible
                          There are two types (as far as I am aware) of contact lenses. Soft and gas permeable (harder).
                          The GP ones I used were just like putting a hard piece of glass in my eye. They are agony if you get any dirt behind them. Also they have a tendancy to vacuum themselves on the white of my eyes and stay there.

Originally posted by TAP-A343
                          Do you suffer from any type of 'halos' at night?

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                            My aunt had it a few years ago and her eyes have "gone back" to the way they were before.
                            Did she go to one of the cheap places? Many of the more expensive places will actually adjust your eyes after the surgery in case they get worst after so long.
                            Tanner Johnson - Owner
                            twenty53 Photography

Comment

Did she go to one of the cheap places? Many of the more expensive places will actually adjust your eyes after the surgery in case they get worst after so long.
                              Knowing my family, she probably did.

Comment

Working...
                              X