FAO Will_Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Will_Power

You still alive man? Haven't heard from you in ages.

I'll be in SLC in two weeks. What is there to see/do? Any good museums, scenic views of the lake, etc., worth seeing while I'm there?

btw, you have some catching up to do in our little race. Especially after I upload my shots from my trip in 2 weeks.

-Chris

Just got back from SLC yesterday. I hate that airport on the inside. Did some spotting the day before after dinner, and I must say that it is a great airport for spotting.

Not to be rude or prying, but I'm curious. Do you happen to be a Mormon Will? Again, not trying to be rude, but I noticed that there are a lot of Mormons around your area.

Also, I used the link to the SLC spotters site on your banner for my spotting places. There are some great places at that airport. The golf course is awesome.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
      Not to be rude or prying, but I'm curious. Do you happen to be a Mormon Will? Again, not trying to be rude, but I noticed that there are a lot of Mormons around your area.
      Not to be rude or prying, but that's like someone is surprised to find that there are a lot of Hindus in India

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
        Not to be rude or prying, but that's like someone is surprised to find that there are a lot of Hindus in India
        I wasn't surprised, more like reminded that SLC is where the Mormons had settled down. I never realized how many of them there were. I always thought it was a rather small religious organization. There are quite a few more of them than I had originally thought.

I got some funny looks walking through the Temple Square wearing jean shorts and one of my Bass Pro Shops shirts with one of my camo hunting hats.

-Chris

Comment

I wasn't surprised, more like reminded that SLC is where the Mormons had settled down. I never realized how many of them there were. I always thought it was a rather small religious organization. There are quite a few more of them than I had originally thought.

I got some funny looks walking through the Temple Square wearing jean shorts and one of my Bass Pro Shops shirts with one of my camo hunting hats.

-Chris
          Don't tell me you signed up for their mailing list/gave them your address...

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            Don't tell me you signed up for their mailing list/gave them your address...
            No, no, no!

The very last thing that I want is to be on the mailing list for a religious group. Even if it was my religion, I still don't want to get stuff in the mail from them.

-Chris

Comment

No, no, no!

The very last thing that I want is to be on the mailing list for a religious group. Even if it was my religion, I still don't want to get stuff in the mail from them.

-Chris
              Getting mailings from them would be the worst of your worries. The CLDS will hound you to convert, calling you and showing up on your doorstep for years to come.

Comment

Hi, Im still here! Sorry for the late reply, I was off at a camp in New Mexico; no electronics, just me, my friends, and the great outdoors (that was it, literally, we even had to dig a hole just to take a dump).
                And before that, I was in maine.

Anyways, I'm glad you liked SLC. The airport is neat, atleast the first few times you go there. I would have suggested the Hill AFB Museum just south of Ogden but its too late.

And no Im not mormon. But all of my friends here are. So far I have been lucky and have gotten not much pressure to join "the" church [as they would say]. It gets old quick living out here. There are pluses though, like the cache valley has the lowest crime rate in the country.

And about that race, well i took 11 flights this summer and I have only just begun to edit the pics.

SLC-DEN-ICT-ATL-MCO MCO-ATL-ICT-DEN-SLC SLC-JFK-PWM PWM-JFK-SLC and SLC-ABQ
                Plus I will be going SLC-LAX SNA-SLC in 2 weeks

So watch your back! jk lol
                Will C.

Comment

Originally posted by Will_Power
                  Hi, Im still here! Sorry for the late reply, I was off at a camp in New Mexico; no electronics, just me, my friends, and the great outdoors (that was it, literally, we even had to dig a hole just to take a dump).
                  And before that, I was in maine.

Anyways, I'm glad you liked SLC. The airport is neat, atleast the first few times you go there. I would have suggested the Hill AFB Museum just south of Ogden but its too late.

And no Im not mormon. But all of my friends here are. So far I have been lucky and have gotten not much pressure to join "the" church [as they would say]. It gets old quick living out here. There are pluses though, like the cache valley has the lowest crime rate in the country.

And about that race, well i took 11 flights this summer and I have only just begun to edit the pics.

SLC-DEN-ICT-ATL-MCO MCO-ATL-ICT-DEN-SLC SLC-JFK-PWM PWM-JFK-SLC and SLC-ABQ
                  Plus I will be going SLC-LAX SNA-SLC in 2 weeks

So watch your back! jk lol
                  Scout camp by any chance? I went to one in WV. Went rafting on the New River, hiking, caving, horseback riding, and on a tour of the Greenbank telescope.

11 Flights?!?! Holy cow! that's messed up man. I have only taken 8 this whole year with 4 more next week.

I don't see any trip reports my friend.

I'm still ahead, as I got a frontier shot accepted last night. But I'm done for after you edit your pics. I better get some good shots from my trip next week.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                  X