Chicago Suburb outlaws sagging pants.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Suburb outlaws sagging pants.

LYNWOOD, Ill. - Be careful if you have saggy pants in the south Chicago suburb of Lynwood. Village leaders have passed an ordinance that would levy $25 fines against anyone showing three inches or more of their underwear in public.
    The first thing that comes to mind:

Does this mean the end of girls in low-riding jeans with visible thongs?
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

You can go "commando" I guess. No undies showing that way.

Comment

While I wouldn't mind seeing women going commando, I think the law is meant more against the guys who walk around with thier pants by their knees and showing off thier off boxers/ass and looking retarded.

However, banning it does create a slippery slope that could be used as a precident when people who get into power want to start banning just about anything they don't like even if there is nothing wrong with it. So I'd be kind of concerned about any governmental group that starts doing stuff like that.

Comment

won't last

this won't last, all it will take is someone to fight the law and it will taking out the books.

Comment

^^^ It's all a conspiracy!

Bout time

Comment

Dallas has done something like this. But the N.A.A.C.P. came to town and played the "race card" so the city backed off.
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
              Dallas has done something like this. But the N.A.A.C.P. came to town and played the "race card" so the city backed off.
              I think that is how this will end up too. I think they need to see who does this more often and if this is a race related or something else. Somehow, other organizations and groups are trying to stop this as well. I was watching Black In America this weekend and they were talking a little bit about the sagging pants. I see it all the time where I live and I think it is time for it to stop or limit where you can go looking like this.

Comment

The thing is there's just as many dumb white kids that do it too. I agree with A320, but on the other hand I'm tired of people walking around like a bunch of retards.

Comment

I agree, however, its BS. I think there were a grand total of 5 black kids at my high school, and maybe 2 of them dressed like that. On the other hand, almost all the Latinos along with half the Asian and White students fit that profile. Race has nothing to do with it.

Why would the NAACP fight this anyway though? They support youth walking around dressed all gangsta? I thought they want to clean up all the sterotypes and what not.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                    Why would the NAACP fight this anyway though? They support youth walking around dressed all gangsta? I thought they want to clean up all the sterotypes and what not.
                    Because it gets the NAACP in the paper. We have the same problem in Canada with the "natives'. they protest everything to keep the lawyers busy and the tax dollars flowing to the Reserves. "Normal' people (all others regardless of race, creed or colour) just quietly take the crap when they should be making a fuss.

Comment

I wonder of they can ban emo hair too.

Comment

The thing is there's just as many dumb white kids that do it too. I agree with A320, but on the other hand I'm tired of people walking around like a bunch of retards.
                        Yeah, I'm not sure why people think dressing like that looks cool. It's a retarded style that started from prisons. Maybe they are trying to tell everyone that they belong in prison? It should fall under a "no shirt, no service" type of thing, where businesses can kick you out if you aren't dressed decently. If they ever want to be taken seriously, they would stop dressing that way. From what I see however, many of them don't seem to care, they rather just look tough. As for the NAACP, they just like attention whoring. They will do whatever they can to get some attention and money to fill the coffers.

Comment

Well if only they REALLY knew what it meant. Yes, it did originate in prison, but theres a bit more to it. Sagging pants let the other imates know you were gay and avalible for sex.

Funny that the most homophobic idiotic group of people in the world, wanna be gangstas, follow the trend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                            Because it gets the NAACP in the paper. We have the same problem in Canada with the "natives'. they protest everything to keep the lawyers busy and the tax dollars flowing to the Reserves. "Normal' people (all others regardless of race, creed or colour) just quietly take the crap when they should be making a fuss.
                            And in France with
                            off course the ethnic Africans and West-Indians and the ethnic North Africans
                            who also keep the lawyers and social concellors busy and euros flowing to the highrise settlement and been doing so since ages.
                            together with some well-off pricks in the midst of some crisis in identity, to add on the retardation, let's add the cap, worn sideway, and and
                            and on some rap or hip^hop I sing the song for basic decency in way of dressing

you f*ck-off/f*ck-off/f*ck-off
                            you ever retards
                            you not happy - go then Algeria or Cameroon but let me time to advise them of your visits to let local cops to mix-mix-mix-you're head up and learn the hard way to cover you underpants when putting on trousers ...

Fully and unrestrictingly supporting Lynwood's community leaders
                            Last edited by uy707; 2008-07-22, 19:36.
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
                              I wonder of they can ban emo hair too.
                              That might be next if you play your cards right. No more emos.

Comment

Working...
                              X