• Show
Clear All

• Mike Tyson's Abandoned Mansion

See more picture's & read how it ended up abandened here

as they say...money can't by taste!

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

I agree... what a lack of taste. And also money can't buy everything.

A portuguese photojournalist living in Brazil.

Comment

It looks like an abandoned church or something. Thanks for posting though, I love stuff like this.

Comment

This is sort of a morbid interest of mine. I actually saw this website not too long ago.
          Click the link - tons more pics and an interesting story.

Comment

Not really my taste, but if someone offered that to me for free, I would still take it .

Originally posted by Star Alliance
            This is sort of a morbid interest of mine.
            Just Tyson's place, or abandoned places in general?

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              Not really my taste, but if someone offered that to me for free, I would still take it .

You don't know about Mitch's rabid obsession with Mike Tyson?
              I agree with Mitch though, abandoned stuff has always fascinated me. There's an old abandoned tuburculosis hospital from the 20's or 30's not too far from where I live that's pretty interesting. Unfortunately douchebags had to go in and vandalize/spraypaint garbage all over it. I think it's considered one of the most haunted places in the world. Not that I believe any of that stuff, but it'd still give me the creeps. Unfortunately it's become sort of a gimmick (it's privately owned now) and they give tours, especially on Halloween.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium If anyone's interested.
              Sorry for the sidetrack, but I've always found abandoned stuff like this pretty interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                Abandoned places in general, specifically old hospitals, both psychiatric and medical. I've always wanted to do an exploration of my own, but none of my friends share my interest and I'll be damned if I'm going into an old structure by myself (the closest I've come is going to the abandoned psych ward/floor in the hospital at which I volunteer...and it still gave me the heebyjeebies).
                This site is pretty crappy, but I still find it interesting:
                Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! abandonedbutnotforgotten.com ist die beste Quelle für alle Informationen die Sie suchen. Von allgemeinen Themen bis hin zu speziellen Sachverhalten, finden Sie auf abandonedbutnotforgotten.com alles. Wir hoffen, dass Sie hier das Gesuchte finden!

Comment

The decor was probably the newest "in" style or whatever when he was living there in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                    Sorry for the sidetrack, but I've always found abandoned stuff like this pretty interesting.
                    Another hijack, but have you visited this site? Great photos.
                    Photographs of abandoned buildings, hospitals, asylums, industry, amusement parks, theaters and other urban ruins, accompanied with accounts of urban exploration by Tom Kirsch

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins
                      http://www.opacity.us/
                      Been looking for that site for ages. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Wow talk about 1980s! It looks like its frozen in 1987, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by thxcollins
                          http://www.opacity.us/
                          I actually hadn't seen that one before. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Luis Silva
                            I agree... what a lack of taste. And also money can't buy everything.

For -

It's funny to look at
                            Another place which could shine if restored and furnished with good taste carpeting and furniture
                            Could be used for a luxury secluded hotel/resort

Against -

A best off of bad taste

Verdict

To be saved asap, before douchbags take "care" of it
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                            X