Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Apple!

Why can't I just buy your damn OS!

I don't want a nice, cool looking laptop or spend the equivalent of a small country's GDP on a Mac Pro.....

Eat it!
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

I love Apple.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
      I love Apple.
      Hear, hear!

-Chris

Comment

Coming from a former PC geek and Apple hater the money is well spent.I made the switch and am loving it!

Comment

Not a fan. Although they are 'pretty'.

Comment

If I wanted a computer that I couldn't build/upgrade myself, and which had a relatively a small selection of software and hardware, all while paying 5x as much for PC equivalent performance, I'd buy a a Mac.

Comment

Snap. And don't get me started on I-pods...

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                I don't want a nice, cool looking laptop or spend the equivalent of a small country's GDP on a Mac Pro.....
                So whats your point? No one forces you to buy one.
                greetings,
                Philip

Comment

Have you ever taken a look at what the components of an Apple are? They are the same as a PC, just that you can't use over-the-counter components. You HAVE TO BUY APPLE.

I like their OS, but I want to build my own PC.

Why do I have to spend $350 for a 500gb HDD in the Mac Pro when I can get a 500GB Western Digital HDD for $85 down the street at the local shop?

All the people that dry hump Apple and shit on PC's and MS are just buying into another stupid company.

If they sold their OS as a stand alone OS that I could put on any computer, I would buy it.

I already have a computer with all the necessary components. I don't need to buy another one that comes in a pale white case with rounded corners and a "magnetic power cable so you don't tare the crap out of your computer when you get up to get some organic milk" power supply. Don't forget the nicely lit up Apply logo on the back of the covers that is no neat, and looks "just rediculos at sunset while parousing the local Birkenstock store".

Do I like Microsoft? No, I don't actually. But XP Home SP2 is running quite well on my computer. I have no complaints really.

Would I buy Vista, No. It's rubbish.

Can I replace XP with OSX 10? NO! NO! NO! I have to become a Hippy, or a musician, or an actor, or unemployed and be seen with my nice little white-neatly-corner-rounded MacBook...or all-in-one iMac...or iRan, or iRaq, or idon'tgiveacrapaboutanything,

Comment

Call Steve Jobs and tell him, he might care as much as we do.
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                      Call Steve Jobs and tell him, he might care as much as we do.
                      Oh I will...I will.

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                        Have you ever taken a look at what the components of an Apple are? They are the same as a PC, just that you can't use over-the-counter components. You HAVE TO BUY APPLE.

I like their OS, but I want to build my own PC.

Why do I have to spend $350 for a 500gb HDD in the Mac Pro when I can get a 500GB Western Digital HDD for $85 down the street at the local shop?

All the people that dry hump Apple and shit on PC's and MS are just buying into another stupid company.

If they sold their OS as a stand alone OS that I could put on any computer, I would buy it.

I already have a computer with all the necessary components. I don't need to buy another one that comes in a pale white case with rounded corners and a "magnetic power cable so you don't tare the crap out of your computer when you get up to get some organic milk" power supply. Don't forget the nicely lit up Apply logo on the back of the covers that is no neat, and looks "just rediculos at sunset while parousing the local Birkenstock store".

Do I like Microsoft? No, I don't actually. But XP Home SP2 is running quite well on my computer. I have no complaints really.

Would I buy Vista, No. It's rubbish.

Can I replace XP with OSX 10? NO! NO! NO! I have to become a Hippy, or a musician, or an actor, or unemployed and be seen with my nice little white-neatly-corner-rounded MacBook...or all-in-one iMac...or iRan, or iRaq, or idon'tgiveacrapaboutanything,
                        FWIW you don't have to spend $350 for a HDD for an Apple: http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Weste...al/WD5001ABYS/

Most of the parts are the same. I will give you that upgrading CPU's is near impossible but other than that you can pretty much build one to suit your need unless you want a different exterior etc. Don't take this as an argument as I just want to inform. I was the same way until I did month's of research and switched. I love it, but still have my old PC for gaming. They aren't for everybody so research and do what's right for you.

Comment

I should say that my REAL problem is the fact that I already have a computer and I can upgrade, bring it up to "current specs" for around $500.

But, if I want OS X, I have to go get a whole new computer....

Comment

ahem.....

-El Diablo

Comment

PC all the way...it's 100% perfect when you know how to use it the right way, which few people do.

Comment

Working...
                              X