Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX-A343
    replied
    It's "by now" , and I don't think, the private emails between Chris and any other forum member are of public interest. Steering up things (example: pointing to another topic with a link to an A.net picture ) won't make life easier, Ryan. But there you go....

Cheers
    Gerardo

Leave a comment:

• fristclass
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    I told you CHRIS IS ON VACATION AND WONT REPLY.

-Clovis
    u told us he was on vaction but he should be back by know

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    I told you CHRIS IS ON VACATION AND WONT REPLY.

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Thanks, I can't believe I make stupid mistakes like that.

Leave a comment:

• JeffinDEN
    replied
    "hear" from Chris. :P

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    I'm waiting to here from Chris, I still expect a reply from him sometime.

Leave a comment:

• SWA733Captain
    replied
    Somebody obviously didn't read Clovis' post

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Uhoh Chris, better delete this one, it has a link to "the other site"

I thought a while ago, there was a post about the forums here not being like "the other site". Like not getting banned here for posting links? Maybe I'll have to find it and dig it up.

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    Hello everyone,

Thanks AmyB for reactivating my forum name.

I did repost it, but I reposted it probably seconds after it was deleted. That was not enought time for me to check my mail and know if the email was sent before I reposted. Not only was the email after I had reposted, but it did not say why it was deleted, and I received I have had a TR deleted and other posts before and I didn't think it was a big deal. I have always just reposted them. Chris was around, he made several posts during the time I was suspended. I explained everything I have said here in those emails I sent to him. It was wrong for Chris to tell Amy and Peter to not "worry about it" This was a totally unfair situation that could have been handled better by Chris simply responding to the emails.

No, I am not going to leave because of this. I am willing to forgive and forget. I just hope somehting like this won't happen again.

BTW, I just got my first photo accepted to A.net, guess I better not post a link. Go to the front page and do a search for RYAN RICHTER if you want to see.

Thanks,
    Ryan Richter

Leave a comment:

• AmyB
    replied
    Originally posted by Leftseat86
    This member was suspended for a week due to the fact that he posted a link to airliners.net and posting links to airliners.net is apparently frowned upon by Chris.
    Actually I talked to Chris, and its perfectly ok to link photos from there as long as you have a legit reason, like something new, a photo of your own, or anything that isnt already up at jetphotos.net. Posting a side-on shot of an American 757 that could easily be found on jetphotos is stupid, and shouldn't be allowed.

-Clovis
    Regardless, the main point is that the post was, indeed, taken down for a reason and the member seemingly did not respect this original post deletion and proceeded to repost it.

The suspension was, after all, only for a week...and I have confirmed that he is now reinstated on the admin panel.

Thanks,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• Leftseat86
    replied
    This member was suspended for a week due to the fact that he posted a link to airliners.net and posting links to airliners.net is apparently frowned upon by Chris.
    Actually I talked to Chris, and its perfectly ok to link photos from there as long as you have a legit reason, like something new, a photo of your own, or anything that isnt already up at jetphotos.net. Posting a side-on shot of an American 757 that could easily be found on jetphotos is stupid, and shouldn't be allowed.

-Clovis

Leave a comment:

• AmyB
    replied
    FYI...

I received the e-mail from said poster but when I asked Chris about it, he indicated that he had already explained why he was suspended in an e-mail and not to worry about it.

This member was suspended for a week due to the fact that he posted a link to airliners.net and posting links to airliners.net is apparently frowned upon by Chris. So he deleted it the first time and when the post was put up AGAIN immediately after this, Chris took it as a direct defiance and suspended him for a week.

Chris has also been out of town for a week (I actually had dinner with him on Sun) so he's probably not checking his e-mails as much if there have been any subsequent complaints.

Since his suspension period is up, I'll make sure that his account has been reinstated now.

Thanks,
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• Boeing752R
    replied
    Oh no! Now we're gonna be having those "I'm done with jetphotos.net!" posts.

Oh Peter, how's that tea kettle?

Leave a comment:

• Braniffnut
    replied
    Originally posted by iceman
    Am i the only one who didn't receive that e-mail?
    Nothing in my inbox, either. I guess I am just not that imporatant of a player on these forums to warrent such an e-mail Having never seen the offending post, I tend to side with the consensus and state that at this early stage, this appears to be a "bogus ban". Sorry Chris, et all.

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    I didn't get the email either...IMO, he should be let back on, but its the mod's decision, so I don't think any of us really have a say in this. If they let him back on (which I hope they do) then good, if they don't, that's their decision, and they must have had a good reason to do so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X